03 cobra misfiring..

5_0coyote

Established Member
Alright guys i had a plug shoot out of the head on cylinder 8 and got that fixed with a insert with new plugs and ford coil packs.. So i just got back doing a pull and the car started to shake looked at the charge temp and it was at 220-260 so i thought it was the pump broken so I'm like what ever after i gave it gas when the light turned green the car felt like shit and sounded like shit so i got home and checked the plugs cause i thought the insert came out but it didn't so i have no idea what it is plus i jumped the intercooler pump and it work and i put the fuse back in the car is it started to work to so yeah even put in another FRPS and its still doing the same thing checked for codes and nothing.. Here is what it sounds like... Any idea ? Thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDgjiSqZtc

Blueline

Established Member
Video is private bud. Is there coolant in the IC tank, is it flowing when the pumps running, is the level low?

Last edited:

5_0coyote

Established Member
Video is private bud. Is there coolant in the IC tank, is it flowing when the pumps running, is the level low?

Alright fixed the vid.. and yeah there is coolant in the tanks and yes its flowing when the pumps are running..

Blueline

Established Member
Really cant hear much in the video in regards to a "miss." So if the car is cold, does it runs fine until the IAT2 temps climb, or are the always that high regardless if the car is cold or warmed up. What Im getting at, is if your MAP sensor went bad, it could be telling the ECU your charge temps are through the roof and pulling timing and dumping fuel.

5_0coyote

Established Member
Really cant hear much in the video in regards to a "miss." So if the car is cold, does it runs fine until the IAT2 temps climb, or are the always that high regardless if the car is cold or warmed up. What Im getting at, is if your MAP sensor went bad, it could be telling the ECU your charge temps are through the roof and pulling timing and dumping fuel.

Not sure on cold starts but i just started it and the charge temp stayed at 130-140 on idle and the idle is rough and the car is shaking...

Blueline

Established Member
Did you happen to notice if your charge temp was that high when you did that pull? It should have been pulling tons of timing anyway, but Im hoping you didnt detonate bad and hurt the motor. You can try to unplug one injector at a time while its idling and you should see/hear a difference in the idle quality. If you get to one that you unplug and no change, then you found your "dead" cylinder. Try that and we can go from there.

Whats your fuel press at?

5_0coyote

Established Member
Did you happen to notice if your charge temp was that high when you did that pull? It should have been pulling tons of timing anyway, but Im hoping you didnt detonate bad and hurt the motor. You can try to unplug one injector at a time while its idling and you should see/hear a difference in the idle quality. If you get to one that you unplug and no change, then you found your "dead" cylinder. Try that and we can go from there.

i did a 60-140 pull and the charge temp started at 100 then climbed to 150 then went down to 120 plus this happen after 10mini after the pull. and ill try the injector thing now

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
Check around for any vac lines that may have popped, anything come off intake? Check for codes?

5_0coyote

Established Member

ok is there anyway of unpluging the ones in the back? its hard to get back there lol

5_0coyote

Established Member

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Was just 1 coil pack changed ?

Was a compression test/ leak down test done to confirm repair?

Ive had a few head issues with both early designs. .I recall crazy things going on while doing diagnostic..

all my issues were found with basic compression test..

Users who are viewing this thread