03 Cobra? or Z06?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Re: cobra3

Originally posted by AmericanMuscle1
Stock for stock the Z06 is the better all around performance car in acceleration, top speed, handling, and braking hands down.
As well it should for $17,000 more, MSRP ;-)

Originally posted by 8urls1
wise thing to say but is the guy looking all round muscle car or aworld class sports car because many z06 or should i say world class sport car owners that i beat up on wish they would have bought the american muscle car.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong between buying the Cobra or the Z06. It's just a matter of taste.

But you keep saying that you beat up on all these Z06 owners; Here's a little word of advice: Don't get too cocky - you might run into someone in a Z06 that knows how to drive, and if that happens, I'd bet money he would be the one beating up on you even in your modded Cobra.

Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
As well it should for $17,000 more, MSRP ;)

You are correct sir. But I'd say that for the all around performance that you get for the extra $17,000, the extra money is worth it. But that, of course, is my humble opinion.

(Plus it blows away other cars that cost $50,000 to $100,000+ more than it in those same categories.)

By the way, have I told you that your Cobra is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen? :eek: :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange Poison

Established Member
I can also somewhat understand your reasoning here, but then again I can also disagree. There are cars that could spank an 03 for a lot less money. You think the Z06 has "funky looks" and that is purely subjective, and the fact that it would get eaten by a basic modded up Cobra is irrelevant. Any car can be modded. It's inequitable to compare stock to modded, no matter if you buy a $5,000 Honda or a $80,000 Viper just because ANY CAR CAN BE MODDED. Sure the 03 Cobra has great moddability, but so does a '93 Supra. See what I'm saying? I'm not knocking any of the cars. 2003 Cobra = bad ass ride. I want one. 2003 Z06 = bad ass ride. I want one of those too. Comparing cars is just a matter of preference among many different people with many different tastes.

AmericanMuscle1,

I meant to to keep this within the scope of Chevy or Ford...Hence ZO6 vs. '03 Cobra. I did not mean to imply all other cars. The topic of the thread is another ZO6 vs. '03 Cobra subject. Not that we haven't heard enough of them already....:rollseyes

Of course you can take any bucket of sh&t for $1500 and mod the crap out of it to beat a ZO6. Remember that post about the Sentra beating a modded Cobra?

But if you're in the market for a new affordable American muscle or sports car type....then your choices are ZO6 or 03 Cobra.

Oh, and wait...the '03 Cobra beats a stock '03 C5 that cost 10grand more (45,000, I believe)....and, and you don't have to mod. How do like dem apples....:-D

All I'm saying is that I think Ford has Chevy by the balls on this one....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Originally posted by RedHotSnke
AmericanMuscle1,

I meant to to keep this within the scope of Chevy or Ford...Hence ZO6 vs. '03 Cobra. I did not mean to imply all other cars. The topic of the thread is another ZO6 vs. '03 Cobra subject. Not that we haven't heard enough of them already....:rollseyes

Of course you can take any bucket of sh&t for $1500 and mod the crap out of it to beat a ZO6. Remember that post about the Sentra beating a modded Cobra?

But if you're in the market for a new affordable American muscle or sports car type....then your choices are ZO6 or 03 Cobra.

Oh, and wait...the '03 Cobra beats a stock '03 C5 that cost 10grand more (45,000, I believe)....and, and you don't have to mod. How do like dem apples....:-D

All I'm saying is that I think Ford has Chevy by the balls on this one....:thumbsup:

I understand.

I agree that Ford is getting the job done when it comes to performance cars, and Chev is not.

Ford comes out with the badass 03 Cobra and what does Chev do? Oh we'll take away the F-body and...ohhh here's a nice SSR for $40 grand for ya. :rollseyes Or maybe a GTO that MIGHT break into the 13s but just looks like a Grand Am with bigger rims :rollseyes

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
AmericanMuscle: Don't worry, the C6 will regain the Vette's honors. Let us revel in the fact our Mustangs will beat a Vette. Stock. For now. Of course, the C6 is gonna cost a lot more than the C5 did.

Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
AmericanMuscle: Don't worry, the C6 will regain the Vette's honors. Let us revel in the fact our Mustangs will beat a Vette. Stock. For now. Of course, the C6 is gonna cost a lot more than the C5 did.

I'm excited to see what the C6 will do, but I won't be in the market for one anytime soon :(

But I might be in the market for an 03 Cobra in a year or so..... ;-)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by AmericanMuscle1
By the way, have I told you that your Cobra is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen? :eek: :beer:
Why thank you! Who would possibly want a vette when presented with this: ;-)

Delivered_solo_web.jpg

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Chicks like mustangs better than Vettes up North. They think vettes are phallic symbols and mustangs are for young,virile men.
BUY THE COBRA.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Blue03, are you trying to sway my opinion by posting that beautiful blue beast?! I'd have to say that's the color I'd end up getting. That, or DSG....man the choices and decisions just keep coming don't they?

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'd go with the Cobra. Never been much of a Vette fan. All the Vettes iv sat in felt like I was driving a saturn (practically had to have a pillow to see over the windsheild). Im not the tallest guy in the world @ 5'11 but I'd figure somebody atleast close to 6 foot should atleast have plain site of the things in front of him/her without straining themselves too much. I guess that would chalk one up for the Vettes in the area of leg room.

Also, im a bigger fan of the muscle car look than the sports car look. Fortunatly in the stangs case you have the power of a muscle car in a muscular/sporty looking coupe.

Now thats just my opinion... To be honest this whole thread is a matter of opinion. You'ed be silly to go out thinkin the Cobra is better just because I said it was. You need to get what you think best suits you, not because I think that the Cobra best suits me.

Last edited:

meat eater

Established Member
03CobraHopeful - I WAS OUT LAST SATURDAY NIGHT @ R.S.I. .I HAD 1 OF THE 03 COBRAS OUT THERE (WHITE) I REMEMBER YOU ASKING ABOUT THE 03. I CHOSE THE 03 FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT $35K & ANOTHER $5K IN MODS AND I CAN OUT RUN 99.9% OF ANYTHING OUT THERE....JUST A THOUGHT FROM YOUR FREINDLY NEIGHBORHOOD COBRA OWNER

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
meat eater, what's up man? You sure do have a nice ride! I really like the white after seeing it in person, but since I have a white truck and my fiancee's T/A is white, that'd be too redundant lol. I'm definitely leaning towards the Cobra at this point! Are ya'll going to be back out at RSI this weekend?

copmagnet

Established Member
"] Sorry boys I have to go with the Cobra on this one I have always been a Ford guy and always still will be. No offense to anybody who has a ZO6 on this site but in my opinion a Corvette is an old mans car for somebody who is going through a mid life crisis and buys a red corvette convertable and thinks hes the shit then but thats only my opinion please no flames. The cobra is more of a drivers car and is intended for those that know about cars mostly and is for more of the enthusiast instead of somebody wanting to go fast, GO WITH THE COBRA YOU WILL BE HAPPY"

No flame taken, but i'm 23 with a Z06 and have a few friends my age with vettes also. I also have some friends with mustangs. I agree with you the typical image of a mid life crisis car remains to be labeled on the vette. However, its growing in number by a younger generation, and i think we can all agree there are undesirable people who own Cobra's also. No flame intended here, i'm just stating a different view for you open minded people. As for the "drivers car" statement. I bought the Z06 because it is a "drivers car" because of its "out of the box" race car options, it is an all around performance oriented car. I love the Cobra and how fast its potential can be, but its in a different class in handling and braking. Not much less at all, i'm not dogging it, just not up to stock for stock comparison. And yes a Cobra can be modded to compete or beat the stock Z06 in both braking and handling, but thats getting off topic. And speaking of the topic the last few posts, i noticed were in regards to comparing the Cobra with the C5. Whether the Cobra can smoke every C5 or not is irrelevant, because we are comparing it to the Z06. Not at all trying to be rude, i've just seen this happen in other discussions before and want to keep it on track.
:beer: :coolman:

meat eater

Established Member
@ 12:00 3-01-03 @ THE HOOTERS @1960 & I-45 THERE IS GOING TO BE A GROUP OF Z06's & 03's SHOW UP FOR LUNCH & A CRUISE.IF YOU CAN MAKE IT ,YOU COULD GET ALOT OF YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED. ALSO I'LL BE OUT THERE @ R.S.I. THIS SAT. .

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sweet, I'll make plans to be there.

Now back to a question that no one has offered an answer to: how strong is the Cobra IRS vs the Z06 IRS, and how easy is it to swap out an 8.8 or 9" under the Cobra?

99GTP guy

Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe

I can't wait until the C6 is going to come out. I heard that it is going to be bad! Chevy will also come out with another muscle car that replaces the F-bodies.

To the person that started this post, you should go for a ride in both cars and determine which one you like best. I have been in both and liked the ZO6 better. Good luck in whichever car you get, they are both great cars and be sure to post some pics!

meat eater

Established Member
yeah the new "GTO" WHAT A JOKE. i was going to wait for that car to come out but then i saw it @ this years auto show here in houston . the performance is not what i expected :xpl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread