03 Cobra question

florida03

Banned
Tell you what.
I whent to the dealer I bought my car from
to check out the new F150 and there still NOT dealing
with new Cobras. Pay the sticker or go somewhere else
is ther attitude. I paid sticker back in Mar/03. The good
thing is they are a great dealer and I trust them.
They also threw in the chromies to shut me up.
Good luck!

BlueSVTSnake

Established Member
i got mine for $36,177 out the door in late august 03. it is a sonic blue coupe. i was fuming right after i bought the car though because my salesman negected to tell me that 4 days later, ford was going to offer a $2500 manufacturers rebate on it. :mj:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by BlueSVTSnake
i got mine for $36,177 out the door in late august 03. it is a sonic blue coupe. i was fuming right after i bought the car though because my salesman negected to tell me that 4 days later, ford was going to offer a $2500 manufacturers rebate on it. :mj:

Ouch!!:eek:

viperbsd

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 svtvenom

Ya I got mine when the $2,500 rebate was offered and I got a good price but it did not make up for the bath I took on my 02 GT that I ended up selling on E-bay.

00whiteGTvert What is up with the no paying tax because you traded in a vehicle ?? Here in California you pay tax no matter what. Do you have some special tax law in your state ??

It is true that Cobra's cost more in California as the only reason I got the deal on mine was that I had a deal setup with a dealer in Washington State and I was able to get my local dealer to almost match it.

Jeff B.

00whiteGTvert

Established Member
When you trade in a car you don't have to pay tax on what they allowed you on your trade as you have already paid the tax on that car.

For example -

My Cobra was $33020 minus $11000 trade (ouch) = $22020.

I only paid tax on the $22020 which saved me $660 tax on the other $11000.

So my deal was $33020 minus $11000 for my trade minus $1500 rebate = $20520.

Add in $13775 I owed on my 2000 GT = 34295 +approx $109 tags + $1321 tax = $35725.

Minus $7000 down = finance $28725 at 5.96% = $557 for 60 months.

Hope this clears things up.

Howard

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
**** i hope i can sell the car so i dont have to do a trade in

i guess either way it will be cheaper

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
When i traded my 01 for an 03, I asked the dealer for sonic blue, and he hunted down a sonic blue in ohio and had it delivered the next day. I imagine you could go to another dealer, and get a better price from them, and then have them ship you the sonic blue you were looking at.

BlueSVTSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 svtvenom
tell me about it. i guess they were worried i was going to back out on the deal if i didnt take it then. i went back when i heard about the rebate and my salesman insisted that dealerships know nothing about rebates and incentives until the SAME DAY they become active. i will never buy anything from maroone of margate again because of this. not only did they not tell me about something that would have saved me quite a bit of money at no expense to them, but they also had the nerve to lie to my face when i asked about it. oh well, live and learn. at least i wasnt one of the people that paid $10k over sticker when the cobra first hit the dealerships.

Users who are viewing this thread