03 Cobra question

BLackBoLT01

Established Member
Hey, all.... Got a quick question. I went out to go buy an 03' tonight, and ended up walking out since I wasn't too happy with the price. Any of this sound good to you all?

It's an 03, less than 100 mi. on it, Sonic Blue,

I got X-plan on it, which brought the total to $32,780,

then, t&l, OTD it was $35,489 sound like too much to you all? I know I'm basically getting it for MSRP OTD, but for a year old car, when they have 04's sitting on the lot(+another Red 03, and Silver 03' Vert), and more coming. Opinions are welcomed.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I hear there is new ones with 10 miles and for about 28.

I would post it on the board here for a pm from dealers for a price.

Talk to Tommy From American ford I was there on sat they had allot of 03's there.

Steeda1

Established Member
That sounds way to high!! A local dealer has a yellow vert for $31,000 and several hard tops for $28,000!!:nono:

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
give them a final offer. dont budge. if they take it, great! if not shop elsewhere. and when you buy one from someone else, take it back to the dealer that turned you down, and offer to give the salesman a ride in your new cobra. :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Hear the prices in California are a little higher than other parts of the country....Got a quote for $29,500 from a dealer in Va in November for a white coupe with 3 miles on it.....before negotiation! They have to get these 03's off their lots.....are you willing to travel to pick one up?

simpman

game artist
Established Member
There was a dealer around here that had a New silver 03 Cobra
with about 800 miles on it for 29,000. Not sure if it sold or not though. 35K is just too much. There is always another dealership.

D-Cobra

Established Member
yea, that is way too high. especially with the 04's already out. i bought mine about 5 months ago, with on 2100 miles on it, and i only paid 31000 out of door. i admit, it's not the best deal, but that's all there was when i was shopping for it.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I know that Fairview ford in san bernardino has 03's. They have a fire red coupe,a black vert. and a silver vert. maybe you can cut a deal with them. 909-884-9261

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Way high for an '03, unless you have to have a Sonic Blue with low miles. You can get an '04 for the price they're charging you.

00whiteGTvert

Established Member
I just bought a brand new (56 miles) 03 leftover for

$33020 minus the $1500 rebate = $31520

I saved on tax because of my trade-in, but if not the total would have been

31520 + $1891 tax + 109 tags = $33520.

Howard

BTW - even if this price was high, I'm still:)

Last edited:

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
just bought mine too! 31k flat after rebate, thats the only reason i bought mine other wise i wouldnt have been able to do it. it was a great move and well worth the money imo.

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
If you want a sonic blue cobra, you will have to get the 03, that color is not offered in 04. I would bet you won't be able to get that price on an 04 either. You might be able to negotiate a better price from another dealer if you don't mention X-plan to them. I bought mine on X-plan too and haven't seen any dealers around here offering them any cheaper than that so I think it is still a good deal. Going price for a used 03 is 24-28k, depending on mileage (in my area)so you will be upside down for a little while on the 03.

That is not much worse than buying an 04 for MSRP, which most dealers will want, and having the first year's depreciation hit you when you drive it off the lot. It will be worth less than $30k by the time you get it home from the dealershiput MSRP is around $36k for a coupe. Your 03 will also be a year old with barely any miles so it will still be worth more than other used 03s out there. Cars are horrible investments and if you are going to keep the car for a long time it really won't matter which one you buy, they will both end up being worth about the same thing in 5 years. Might as well buy the cheaper one now and hope you don't get in an accident that totals the car for the next year or so.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
if i got a 03 10th ann would anyone wanna trade seats?

Jack

Established Member
I paid $25,000 for my 3,250 mile '03 DSG Cobra Convertable with a few mods on it.

clean carfax - OASIS reported halfshat replacement.

no scratches, dents, dirt etc.

no this is not a misprint and yes this is one hell of a deal, the best I've seen for a '03 Cobra let alone a vert.

I just got lucky and found the right seller. A well off guy that really didn't care if he got top dollar for it.

;-)

Blades

Established Member
So where are these magical 28k Cobras everyone speaks of? Do you have to go thru Ford Motor Credit to get one?

Users who are viewing this thread