03 Cobra tuners in DFW area?

JKD

Banned
-Wade- said:
:lol:

Do you really think thats the only reason!?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he's tryin to say you don't know what you are doing Kevin. Since you put my head gasket on and all. Another issue could be the head lifting under boost. At least I didn't give 12k+ of my money away to some shop that can't get it right.

Think before you open your mouth.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
I think he's tryin to say you don't know what you are doing Kevin. Since you put my head gasket on and all. Another issue could be the head lifting under boost. At least I didn't give 12k+ of my money away to some shop that can't get it right.

Thats what mine does... when its over 12-13 psi for a long time, the heads come off the block.:bash: It is only lifting enough to burn water now, not enough to blow them out. That is why if I went to 20-25 psi, I think it would smoke the head gaskets almost on the first pull.:nonono:

Boostedred

Established Member
JKD said:

How much boost is this 550rwhpestimated monster making? I cant imagine it lifting head gaskets. Air pocket in the system will cause pressure in the system, is there anything else going on that makes you want to claim your cars hurt? You talk alot of trash about a shop for really no reason at all. Maybe because the terminators that come out of HPP never have any problem draggin you.

I mean this is coming from the guy who didnt know that mustangs had air pocket issues in the cooling system. Any car can have an air pocket in the system there buddy. Just for future reference.:)

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
-Wade- said:
Do you really think thats the only reason!?!
Did I say that was the "ONLY" reason? No. Do I believe it was the case here? Possibly.

BTW: Have you ever worked on Steve's car? Do you know his setup? Do you know what timing he is running? Boost? Octane? Anything????????

Didn't think so............so I suggest that you keep your mouth shut before you look stupid.

JKD said:
I think he's tryin to say you don't know what you are doing Kevin. Since you put my head gasket on and all. Another issue could be the head lifting under boost.
I hope thats not what he was trying to say because that would be funny if he did.
The work I did had nothing to do with that. You know that Steve, you were right there watching.

And while you can lift a head gasket under boost, I don't feel you were running enough boost with your combo to do that...........Yet.......:burnout:

Last edited:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
foofinator said:
Does anyone really know what Steve's car is running timing, boost or otherwise?? :shrug:
When it comes to boost the answer is always not enough. (That goes for anyone's car.) :-D

JKD

Banned
foofinator said:
Does anyone really know what Steve's car is running timing, boost or otherwise?? :shrug:

Yes. It's all good, I can deal with HPP ragging on me. I've tried (and so has Jeremy) that I havent been "hating" on HPP. This is all started out as a jokes between buddies just busting eachothers balls. Then someone else had to stick their noses in buisness they didnt belong in. I've only ever made statements that were true. Multiple motors, excessive time, unfinished work when the vehicle is returned to the customer and being expensive. ( Expensive is my OPINION)

I've done nothing but praise Manny, he seems like a cool guy, he treats Jeremy good. He's a car guy, just wants to race etc. But there is more to HPP then just Manny and Ozzie. The mechanics are also part of HPP and their work is a direct reflection of HPP. TWO of my friends, that both own "HPP" cars, both have major issues with their cars. The car is in the shop more then out of it. Both when they receive they're cars back, feel the need to go back over the work done because they constantly find unfinished work (loose bolts, sloppy install work, not to mention alot scratched parts because they are carelessly thrown aside) IN MY OPINION (which I am entitled to) when a customer gets their car back from the shop they should have every confidence in their shops work and not to be afraid to drive their car. That is NOT the case in MY experiences.

Awhile back, I even tried to make amends to make things easier on my good friend Jeremy. I needed a meter, the first week is "forgotten" then ordered the second week. I thought, "ok, their just breakin my balls abit. No biggie". I got a PM from Wade that the meter showed. Ok cool, their gonna be cool about it so I will give them some buisness. It was Christmas time and I decided I was going to get my wife a blower for Christmas for her Mach. When I called to ask about the blower, I was told to go **** myself and hung up on. I don't know who it was, but I know it wasn't Chris because I've spoken with him several times on the phone. I've been told the other person who answers the phone is Ozzie, but it's a big shop could be anyone right? From what I do know of Manny, I don't think he would do that and would be upset if he heard of anyone doing so in his shop, but I could be wrong about that too.

In the end, what's completely stupid about all of this is the fact is this was originally between friends, talkin a bunch of friendly smack talk to eachother at a weekly GTG. One person on the outside of the social circle namely Eric Jones ran back to HPP and got everyone all riled up, took the jokes WAY out of context just so he could fit in somewhere. Even all of that has been resolved, Eric and I get along just fine, he understands now that everyone just gives everyone a hard time for FUN.

Manny, Ozzie, either of you have issue with me you know where you can find me every Friday night. Perhaps seeing and hearing everything for yourselves instead of second hand, maybe you could better understand it's just a group of guys having a good time. I'm just as sick of this as everyone else, I'm tired of discussing it.

JKD

Banned
snakebitten1975 said:
Thats the Million dollar question, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Shouldn't you be out looking for a another job to steal from to pay for your overpriced pile of shit to lose to more pullied Terminators?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
Shouldn't you be out looking for a another job to steal from to pay for your overpriced pile of shit to lose to more pullied Terminators?
DAMN!!! I plan on giving him a good run in my Termy.:lol1: I dunno if he'll get that thing in the 10s the first time out, and with me cutting his ass down on the tree he'll need a 10.80 or better to beat me.:eek:

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
10.80 should be no problem, Im not worried, even on 17's. Maybe not the first time out, it wont take me long to be in the 10's. Im not worried about running anyone else's car here, just the times and running at the track. I have nothing to prove to anyone on here, if you want to be bold enough run me at the track steve, who cares how much money I spend on my car, I surely don't worry about or think about it.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
Its a vert its suppose to be slow, I know I can run 10's since a buddy of mine ran 11.0's in a full weight car 04 vert making over 600 rwhp.
yes but Steven is a much better driver than you imo... he street races ALL the time, and races a lot of 1/8th mile stuff... how many times have you actually raced that car? I'm worried you are going to flip it.:(

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
snakebitten1975 said:
Its a vert its suppose to be slow, I know I can run 10's since a buddy of mine ran 11.0's in a full weight car 04 vert making over 600 rwhp.
:rolleyes:

Another quote from Ejones.
Mine will be a low 9 second car with a good driver, def. low 10's with me driving once I get some seat time when the new setup is finished.
:poke:

Easy said than done my friend. Just because a buddy did it doesn't mean you can do it.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
JKD said:
A monkey is still farther up the evolutionary scale then he is.
:lol:

And it doesn't matter how much power you're making if you can't put it down. He may trap 130+ but for a 10 second ET will take practice.

Users who are viewing this thread