'03 cobra twin turbo install underway!

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Well, I got the IRS into my 97 so now I have something to drive everyday. That means the it's time to start tearing into the '03!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I did that Saturday evening

Here's Sunday's progress:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not much to look at now, but it's started anyway.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Very nice man :beer: Keep us updated! How much boost you plan on running? Is is the stock block/internals?

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Still stock block/internals etc. Got a solid axle under her though and a 26spline input shaft/dfx clutch etc. I'm looking to putt around with 10 psi, up the ante to 15psi sometimes and hit the track with 20-22psi on racegas.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
alright...that's what I like to see...mine should be here end of the week...good luck and give me a call if you run in to any problems

smashedheadcat

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
alright...that's what I like to see...mine should be here end of the week...good luck and give me a call if you run in to any problems

I'll call ya up if I run into anything. So far, things look pretty straight forward. I just hope the pipes line up and fit correctly.

808GT

Established Member
which would be better on a 4v anyway--single or twin? just wondering since majority went single on supras

smashedheadcat

Established Member
808GT said:
which would be better on a 4v anyway--single or twin? just wondering since majority went single on supras

I don't think it really matters. A big single can make some serious numbers. Some say that the twins spool faster due to being smaller, but I'm no expert. I think a big single can spool just as fast as it has double the exhaust flow going through the hotside. That should offset and advantage to 2 smaller twins. I don't know. Really, when I purchased my kit, the HP twins was the only option. Naturally, as soon as I laid down the deposit, Hellion Powersystems starts offering a kit as well as TurboHorsePower. A lot of people bash HP, but from what I've seen, the kits are pretty nice. The only thing that sucks so far about HP is the elbow that goes from the MAF to TB. It looks like they made the oval by beating it with a hammer. :bash:

tom03lightning

Established Member
808GT said:

Supra's go single for several maine reasons. One, they have a lot of space for a large turbo. Two, properly sized for power applications twins and a big single will lag about the same. three, cost (why pay for two turbos when there is no real benefit). there are others too, but these are a few of the main reasons.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I ordered on May 9th, and recieved it July 25th. They estimated 45 business days from the day you pay the 70% deposit, so they were pretty close. My kit was done somewhere around the 10th of July, but there was some confusion on when I wanted it shipped (I was in Iraq throughout the whole build cycle).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's going to be a monster. I like the intake.

I was concerned for a moment that you weren't using jack-stands. You can't see them in the last picture and I initially missed that one peeking out on the second to last pic. Thank God! :-D

smashedheadcat

Established Member
CobraBob said:
It's going to be a monster. I like the intake.

I was concerned for a moment that you weren't using jack-stands. You can't see them in the last picture and I initially missed that one peeking out on the second to last pic. Thank God! :-D

I have 2 jackstands under there. The rear is still on the ground and the jack is under the k-member incase I knock a jackstand over somehow while sliding around under there on the creeper. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread