'03 Cobra Vert vs 911 GT3 RS

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Friend of mine just picked one of these up, and for the record, they are really cool cars despite not being my personal cup of tea. I think we all know who would win in the twisties, but who do you think takes this in a straight line.

My Cobra as it currently sits is making 502/504 on Nitto NT555 street tires with stock gears, his GT3 RS is stock except for an exhaust. I would think I would have this in a drag race, but I don't know much about these cars, other than they're N/A and are RWD instead of AWD like the Turbos.

Hopefully we'll run once things warm up a bit. Predictions?

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
What are these things trapping OP?

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

F8l Vnm

Established Member
You will jump on him by a few cars and he will slow creep at higher speeds. It's a nice 6 but just not enough to take you at lower rolls good luck dude

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Good buddy of mine owned a 2010 with the 3.8L. One of the greatest driver's cars ever made, and still really fast in a straight line.

From the hole shot the GT3 will take the Cobra. (All the weight transfers back directly over a pair of 305s as soon as that car launches and it's gone). From a roll it depends if you have any mods. If your car is stock he will still take you. GT3s are not that heavy and the 3.8L is making 450 hp (flywheel) and putting ALL of it to the ground without drama. If you're modded you might stand a chance from a highway roll-on.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Good buddy of mine owned a 2010 with the 3.8L. One of the greatest driver's cars ever made, and still really fast in a straight line.

From the hole shot the GT3 will take the Cobra. (All the weight transfers back directly over a pair of 305s as soon as that car launches and it's gone). From a roll it depends if you have any mods. If your car is stock he will still take you. GT3s are not that heavy and the 3.8L is making 450 hp (flywheel) and putting ALL of it to the ground without drama. If you're modded you might stand a chance from a highway roll-on.

I put my power numbers in the OP. My current setup is making 502/504.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Kind of surprised by that...aren't these GT3s only high 11 second cars? I would think my Cobra should be in the low 11's with a decent launch.

Any idea what your car weighs? Being a vert I was guessing 3,500+ lbs.

No doubt your car is fast, the GT3 just weighs less, and is much easier to launch with its rear engine. If your Cobra is anything like mine, a "decent" launch is easier said than done. :beer:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I believe the Carrera will get you..These cars hook like mad...

Honestly it will be whoever is a better driver....

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
it's a low 11 second car with tires....and your nitto's aren't going to get you anywhere close to that.

These Nittos actually bite pretty well. Once they're warmed up they barely spin when I shift into second. I also have QA1 rear shocks and IRS bushings.

Any idea what your car weighs? Being a vert I was guessing 3,500+ lbs.

No doubt your car is fast, the GT3 just weighs less, and is much easier to launch with its rear engine. If your Cobra is anything like mine, a "decent" launch is easier said than done. :beer:
Yeah, probably around 3700lbs. A good launch on the street is difficult, thus why I was leaning towards a 40mph roll.

Last edited:

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
I believe the Carrera will get you..These cars hook like mad...

Honestly it will be whoever is a better driver....

Lol a GT3RS is far from just a "Carrera."

OP it should be a VERY close run between you guys, make sure to get it on video too!

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Yeah, probably around 3700lbs. A good launch on the street is difficult, thus why I was leaning towards a 40mph roll.

If you're weighing in at 3,700 lbs, you're going to have your hands full. The GT3 weighs 500 lbs less and runs the quarter in 11.8 @ 120.

Just make sure to get it on a Go Pro because it will be a fun race no matter what happens. Fairly evenly matched from what it looks like on paper. Look forward to seeing it! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread