'03 Cobra Vert vs. Acura RSX

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
On the way to work this morning I rolled by an Acura RSX sporting a weedeater for an exhaust pipe. The smell of cooked rice was in the air...As luck would have it, the next light turned red as we both pulled up. He stopped short of the light and edged up until we were even. I guess he thought he was at the track and needed to stage. I turned off the traction control to see how my new NT05R's would respond on a chilly fall morning. When the light turned green I heard him fire up the weedeater so I hammered it...about an 8 out of 10 on the launch hardness scale. The tires let out a little shriek of protest and I bogged a little bit, but they held traction much better than my old NT555's. Nailed second and shut it down at about 5 grand. I looked in the rear view mirror to see some sad little HID's way off in the distance. I guess he didn't know he was about to eat burned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide for breakfast.:banana:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
When I encounter these red light situations, I like to let them get a jump on me for a sec or two before killing them. I'm a sensitive guy and like to let the ricers feel good for a little. Lol.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Haha good kill. A guy up here was running 10.90's at 145 in a sleeper rsx. Thing would lay rubber at 100 with slicks on the freeway.

I roll ran him when I was making 470whp and he was at 410. He took the win by 4 cars. Turbo featherweights are no joke but na ones are much weaker

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Haha good kill. A guy up here was running 10.90's at 145 in a sleeper rsx. Thing would lay rubber at 100 with slicks on the freeway.

I roll ran him when I was making 470whp and he was at 410. He took the win by 4 cars. Turbo featherweights are no joke but na ones are much weaker

Yeah, you never know what those little turds are packing under the hood. That's why I never give 'em an inch if they want to race. I've been burned a few times by the power to weight ratio advantage that boosted ricers can sometimes bring to the table. Their downfall is that most of the drivers bring along about 50 PSI of attitude along with their ebay turbos.

nycarpenter

Established Member
On the way to work this morning I rolled by an Acura RSX sporting a weedeater for an exhaust pipe. The smell of cooked rice was in the air...As luck would have it, the next light turned red as we both pulled up. He stopped short of the light and edged up until we were even. I guess he thought he was at the track and needed to stage. I turned off the traction control to see how my new NT05R's would respond on a chilly fall morning. When the light turned green I heard him fire up the weedeater so I hammered it...about an 8 out of 10 on the launch hardness scale. The tires let out a little shriek of protest and I bogged a little bit, but they held traction much better than my old NT555's. Nailed second and shut it down at about 5 grand. I looked in the rear view mirror to see some sad little HID's way off in the distance. I guess he didn't know he was about to eat burned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide for breakfast.:banana:

8 out of 10 on the hard launch scale for a RSX is crazy. Just give him a bus length spare your tires and real him in like a dead goldfish :)

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
8 out of 10 on the hard launch scale for a RSX is crazy. Just give him a bus length spare your tires and real him in like a dead goldfish :)

Next time I will. I just got the NT05R's put on last week and I hadn't given them a workout up until this point so I decided to see what they would do. I was impressed. And a side benefit is that even though they are 315/35's, they are about an inch wider than the NT555R's so they look badass from the rear...which is the view the RSX got.:rockon:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yeah, you never know what those little turds are packing under the hood. That's why I never give 'em an inch if they want to race. I've been burned a few times by the power to weight ratio advantage that boosted ricers can sometimes bring to the table. Their downfall is that most of the drivers bring along about 50 PSI of attitude along with their ebay turbos.

Lol @ this guy.

n97240

Established Member
I used to love blowin the doors off the typical mustang/vette owners in my old 240. Then i got sick of the bastard breaking and wanted to make more than 500hp on pump gas and got in the v8 game.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
damn 145 trap? thats about a mid to high 9 sec vehicle

id love to see the mod list on this shell

As I recall 410whp on 91 and 701whp on 116. Absolutely ridiculous build for an rsx, block, t4, trans, suspension, you think of it and it probably had it.

He had a rusty tine exhaust can with a 2" tip hanging off crooked from the rear bumper on a black stock bodied setup. Quite the sleeper needless to say.

Hes now rocking a built evox with 600+

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
My buddy had a supercharged RSX a few years back... It was EASY to get to 140. They can be quick. Front wheel drive sucks though.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
My buddy had a supercharged RSX a few years back... It was EASY to get to 140. They can be quick. Front wheel drive sucks though.

easy as in could drive to 140 mph easily or it is "easy" to get an RSX to 140 mph S/C.

You can't convince me it is "easy" to get a stock RSX to a 140 mph 1/4 car.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
easy as in could drive to 140 mph easily or it is "easy" to get an RSX to 140 mph S/C.

You can't convince me it is "easy" to get a stock RSX to a 140 mph 1/4 car.

It's easier/much less expensive than you'd think. 4 of everything vs 8 when building the motor, smaller blocks cost less, beefing up fwd is cheaper than rwd, especially since you only need to hold 600-700whp to run 145-155+ in a lightweight ff car.

That all said, ff isn't very fun or interesting, like I said he moved on to an Evo and hasn't really cared since. I believe he was into the car motor/trans/suspension/fuel/etc and all for $15k plus the car itself, so $35~ all together. A stock gt500 can be had for similar money then needs atleast $15k motor/fuel alone to reliably run 145 in the 1/4 if you want to keep your interior. Many have spent twice that building blocks and going tt.

A built ff import is much cheaper than a built muscle car but then they are also much less reliable and demand high octane for modest power. But modest power in 2500#'s moves out so it's a matter of taste

Wildman113

Established Member
It's easier/much less expensive than you'd think. 4 of everything vs 8 when building the motor, smaller blocks cost less, beefing up fwd is cheaper than rwd, especially since you only need to hold 600-700whp to run 145-155+ in a lightweight ff car.

That all said, ff isn't very fun or interesting, like I said he moved on to an Evo and hasn't really cared since. I believe he was into the car motor/trans/suspension/fuel/etc and all for $15k plus the car itself, so $35~ all together. A stock gt500 can be had for similar money then needs atleast $15k motor/fuel alone to reliably run 145 in the 1/4 if you want to keep your interior. Many have spent twice that building blocks and going tt.

A built ff import is much cheaper than a built muscle car but then they are also much less reliable and demand high octane for modest power. But modest power in 2500#'s moves out so it's a matter of taste

Cheaper?? You have it backwards.

On an import like an RSX, everything is more expensive and everything breaks and needs to be upgraded. Engine, trans, diff, axles, chassis, PCM, you name it has to be modified or replaced. Do you have any clue how much it costs to build a Honda K-series to make 600-700WHP?? Apparently not my friend, because its astronomical.

Users who are viewing this thread