03 Cobra VS 02 Lightning (+6lb pulley, diablo, cai, ram air, etc)

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I rode in my friends L the other day. He was modded with Superchip, CAI, Ram Air system. I was not really that impressed. I said it was a fast truck but was about 1.5 seconds slower 0-60 than me and just did not have the MONSTER pull of the 03 CObra...

Well that afternoon he installs the lower 6 lb pullies and the Diablo sport chip.

He said HOLY SHITE BATMAN IS IT FAST!! He was BEGGING to race me...

This was this morning BEFORE I did my pulley swap!

We raced them from a 5 mph roll about 3 times. I pulled 5 feet past his bumper in 1st gear... jumped another 5 feet when I hit second and began the walk!!!

03 Cobra's STOCK BEWARE!! 03 Cobra's with chip and CB dont have to worry none!! 03 Cobra's with pulley dont have to prove anything!

Twas fun!

:shrug:

i8u

Established Member
Good kill even though it's family.

Be aware... There are plenty of L's running in the mid to low 12's. Some even in the 11's.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Aint worried! Got 13 psi of boost now AND I'm about 1500 lbs lighter!!

SHould not be a problem...

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by MdniteSC
L's chasing down 03's, SVT is making these trucks just too damn fast :-D

eh?:shrug: :read:

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Fast03Cobra

Except for the lightnings with built motors and 25 pounds of boost and some spray that would probably say the same about you.;-) Your 3800 pound car versus a 4800 pound truck. Should be all you.;-)

i8u

Established Member

How did you lose all that weight?

Ohh... Lighter than the L! Duhh.

OSUMASON

Established Member
If you began to "walk" him and he has a 6lber then something else is wrong with his truck.

My buddy has an 03 and we ran each other 4 times at the track, my very first time at the track and to run my L, and only one time did he pull more than a car on me and that was because I had to let off at the start because I was spinning too much. As you can see this is all the mods I have and believe me, I'm not a great driver at the track, my 60ft's were terrible. BTW his best time was a 13.1, and that is with just flowmasters.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
When I ran him, I had a 3" CB, Diablo, and K&N. I was making 420 RWHP and 400 RWTQ. Belee me that was enough to walk him pretty nicely.

BTW: His L weighs in at a WOPPING 5400#'s

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Why does his L weigh 600 pounds more than the average L.

My 00L with the spare tire, jack, trailer hitch and Roll N Lock Cover(which is close to 150 pounds) with me in it weighed 4866.

that is way off. Maybe he didnt unload the cement block from the bed:)

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
Good kill even though it's family.

Be aware... There are plenty of L's running in the mid to low 12's. Some even in the 11's.

And here in Houston, there is a guy running high 10's. :coolman:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by AV8R
And here in Houston, there is a guy running high 10's. :coolman:

Damn thats one brick that fly's.....

Have you seen the thread about the 03 that went 10.80's at 135mph? Wonder how long till somone hits the 9's?:beer:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I dont know for fact that it weighs 5400. I told hom to look on his door for the wieght. Thats what he told me.

BTW: I went to MIR today. Still learning the car and how to drive it, but I busted a 12.0 @ 118 with a 1.89 60' on STOCK F1's!!! The temps were about 70 F, windy, and dry. Most Z06's where running 12.3-12.5 @ 116, but one guy was running 11.8 - 11.9 @ 116 on DRs. I KNOW my 03 has a 11.5 @ 120+ in it. I just need DRs.

Anyway, I think me and the ONE Z06 where running the strongest for road/street cars.

:eek:

Hardtop

Established Member
I dont know for fact that it weighs 5400. I told hom to look on his door for the wieght. Thats what he told me.

BTW: I went to MIR today. Still learning the car and how to drive it, but I busted a 12.0 @ 118 with a 1.89 60' on STOCK F1's!!! The temps were about 70 F, windy, and dry. Most Z06's where running 12.3-12.5 @ 116, but one guy was running 11.8 - 11.9 @ 116 on DRs. I KNOW my 03 has a 11.5 @ 120+ in it. I just need DRs.

Anyway, I think me and the ONE Z06 where running the strongest for road/street cars.

:eek:

I wish I was there because then you could have added one more to your strongest road/street car list. Nice times on F1's. Get some Nittos or BFG drag radials and that time will drop for sure. I think the BFG's work better for manual cars. Hope to see you at MIR some time. Congrats.:beer:

Bruce

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Down in the 12's as in where? A 12.0 to a 12.5 is darn close in my book, but not close in the world of ET's.

No doubt you could give me a heckuva run! Would be interesting. I raced one at the track (all the usual bolt-ons). He got me in the 60' by a 1/10th. BUt I SLAUGHTERED him by about 5 cars or more. I am running CONSISTANT 118 MPH trap speeds. He was about a 12.7 @ about 108 ish. I have seen one do 12.2's there at MIR. I think he had DRs as well. Maybe lightened it up.

My friend checked AGAIN and yes 5400 lbs. Its a 2002 L, white (gotta be heavy paint), with towing and all options. Dunno... Thats HEAVY!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread