03 Cobra vs 03 Z06 comparison

shacar87

Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
and your point is?

Aaawwww, you don't have to get all defensive about it!?! Like i said, it's just some good specs for all camps to learn about. Sorry if i hurt your feelings?!?

lethal

Established Member
Oh my god, thanks for letting us know, I need to go out and get a Z06 immediatley!

Oh wait, not I don't, no mid-life crisis here where I need to spend an outrageous amount of money for a car I don't like. Perhaps when I'm balding and my wife is asking me for a divorce I'll dust off this topic.

It's old, who cares, I have the car I want.

John

simpman

game artist
Established Member
Nobody's feelings are hurt, it's just this comparison has been played to death on message boardsand people on both sides (Cobra and z06) are getting tired of it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Besides, my Cobra is a whole lot sweeter looking than that butt ugly Z-06. :lol1:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Ya I believe that most of the people here could have bought the Z06 if they wanted to. Some people (including myself) just prefer Ford over GM products. Now this doesnt mean that I didnt consider the Z when I was shopping, but all it took was one test drive in the Cobra and I was hooked! Stock for stock the Z is a touch quicker due to weight figures, but shed a little weight and do a few basic mods and the Cobra is back on top! I give a lot of respect to the guys who drive Z's, but I have yet to lose a race by one lol! The braking was about the only thing that appealed me to the Vette. I felt like I was driving a batmobile in the cockpit of that thing! Good handling and braking that is for sure, and it can be made to go very fast if you have deep pockets. To any GM diehard my car will never be anything more than an ugly Rustang. IMO though, I have never owned a car that has given me so much pleasure and joy in even a small trip to the bank! I am VERY pleased with my car and I have one of the first ones ever built. No ticking, pulling, vibe, clunk, etc.

Like I said, if I wanted a door stopper on my driveway, I would have one. Some people are lucky enough to have both. But for me, the Cobra was a much better decision and I have NEVER regretted that decision.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Thanks for sharing the info shacar87. Didn't realize exactly how understated the Cobra factory hp/tq really were. I'm 46 years old and with all my kids in or about to be in college, I couldn't even think about a Z06 for at least 5 years. But even if I could afford it, it's not the car for me........the Cobra fits my personality just right....

shacar87

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
Thanks for sharing the info shacar87. Didn't realize exactly how understated the Cobra factory hp/tq really were. I'm 46 years old and with all my kids in or about to be in college, I couldn't even think about a Z06 for at least 5 years. But even if I could afford it, it's not the car for me........the Cobra fits my personality just right....

Glad it was informative to someone. Ya know, when i see an older fella in a Vette, to me, (and other people that i've had this discussion with) that car kinda makes them look snobby, anal, and like they bought it to try to look cool.

Then take the same guy, put him in a 03 Cobra, and they turn into a guy that is confident, cool, down to earth,and has a little bit of bad-ass lurking inside. Someone you could get along with real easy. It's about image, and personally i think the Cobra would give anyone a better image than the Vette. So that tells me your image is A-OK!:beer: :rockon:

BAD PNY

Established Member
Hmmm having owned both I can only really compare one thing.

Straight line speed. Cobra is noticeably slower stock but is much faster modified. My 03 before I sold it was a rocket.. My 03 had zero problems.

Everything else is just not fair. The vette feels like a sports car the 03 never did. These 2 should never be compared.

I could go on and on but it is better left for a forum where people could sit down and have an intelligent conversation over a couple of beers.

Users who are viewing this thread