03 Cobra vs 06 Cobalt SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member

REPCobra10

Established Member
Are you kidding me? You can tell there was absolutely no racing go on whatsoever! Did you notice that when they were supposedly "racing" that they were barely passing cars that were driving normal at the speed limit? That was the stupidest staged race that I've ever seen. The guy in the Cobra must be the guy in the Cobalt SS's buddy or something and paid him to make it look like he beat a Cobra. You couldn't pay me enough to lose to a inferior car like that on the street so it can be posted for the whole world to see making it look like you can't drive for shit! Total garbage!

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
thats crap i went with a ss from a dig and roll and from a dig it wasnt pretty by the time i hit 50 i had already gotten 3-4 cars on him and from a roll it was 20-70 i had him by about 4 cars again .... oh and that was in my near stock 99 gt

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
what a joke...hahah you see that nerd in the SS grab the steering wheel like hes focusing as hard as possible....:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats such a joke, no way was the cobra racing...it'd of killed him.....but wait for all the **** to come into this thread and call us "butt-hurt because the cobra lost"

jbusmc1986

Got Sig?
Established Member
That was absolutely retarted..... There is no way that the cobra was even thinking about racing. That made me sick!!

DesertMach

Established Member
REPCobra10 said:
Are you kidding me? You can tell there was absolutely no racing go on whatsoever! Did you notice that when they were supposedly "racing" that they were barely passing cars that were driving normal at the speed limit? That was the stupidest staged race that I've ever seen. The guy in the Cobra must be the guy in the Cobalt SS's buddy or something and paid him to make it look like he beat a Cobra. You couldn't pay me enough to lose to a inferior car like that on the street so it can be posted for the whole world to see making it look like you can't drive for shit! Total garbage!

+ 1

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Thats funny. I ran a cobalt ss with my SuperDuty and beat him by atleast 4-5 Truck lengths. Thats funny tho and alos the speedo in the cobalt doesn't move at all. Its great i love it

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
!!!PainTrain!!! said:
Thats funny. I ran a cobalt ss with my SuperDuty and beat him by atleast 4-5 Truck lengths. Thats funny tho and alos the speedo in the cobalt doesn't move at all. Its great i love it

I thought everyone would enjoy it.

Yes he is local to me...and I offered to run him with my 05 GT, which he suddenly turned down saying I'd own him lmfao.

Bad06SS

Established Member
Ok, first off, that video was fake and stupid. There's no way a stock Cobalt SS Supercharged is going to come close to even being within 4+ cars of a stock 03-04 Cobra. Second, a stock Cobalt SS (supercharged) "reeling" you in sounds a little far-fetched -what are you mods and 1/4 mile times?

99stanger said:
thats crap i went with a ss from a dig and roll and from a dig it wasnt pretty by the time i hit 50 i had already gotten 3-4 cars on him and from a roll it was 20-70 i had him by about 4 cars again .... oh and that was in my near stock 99 gt

Sorry, while I believe you beat him, I doubt it was by that much. Especially from a roll. I'm sure you smoked him from a dig, as these FWD's suck at launching. However, from a roll in a 99 GT, I doubt you walked him very bad at all. These cars are trapping pretty close to 100mph stock, what are your times?

!!!PainTrain!!! said:

Sorry, but you either didn't race the supercharged version, or he wasn't racing. Keep in mind, Chevy makes a Cobalt SS that's N/A making 170 hp running mid-low 15's. I think it's dumb they named is SS but whatever. It does confuse people. A stock Supercharged Cobalt SS should run low 14's @~100mph with a good driver. I highly doubt your Superduty would put 4-5 trucklengths on a car trapping that high. I'm not trying to come in and call anyone "butthurt" as was mentioned. I agree with alot of you. However, the truck one is a little hard to believe. To the original poster, go race him and get it on video.

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
Bad06SS said:
Sorry, but you either didn't race the supercharged version, or he wasn't racing. Keep in mind, Chevy makes a Cobalt SS that's N/A making 170 hp running mid-low 15's. I think it's dumb they named is SS but whatever. It does confuse people. A stock Supercharged Cobalt SS should run low 14's @~100mph with a good driver. I highly doubt your Superduty would put 4-5 trucklengths on a car trapping that high. I'm not trying to come in and call anyone "butthurt" as was mentioned. I agree with alot of you. However, the truck one is a little hard to believe. To the original poster, go race him and get it on video.
read his sig...he has probably a low-mid 14 second truck on his hands...i bet it was a driver's race.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Bad06SS said:
Ok, first off, that video was fake and stupid. There's no way a stock Cobalt SS Supercharged is going to come close to even being within 4+ cars of a stock 03-04 Cobra. Second, a stock Cobalt SS (supercharged) "reeling" you in sounds a little far-fetched -what are you mods and 1/4 mile times?

LOL. I know it was fake that was my point. As far as reeling me in...after challenging to race, he mildly responds..."Your 05 would own me" lol, something to that effect.
My mods are in my sig, but incase you cant see them...
DSS Racing Forged Short Block
Bennett Racing Ported/Polished Heads
CompCams
Vortech V-2 SQ S/C, Novi 2200 Intercooler Kit
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
Spec Aluminum Flywheel
BMR Box Frame Connectors
FRPP Headers
SLP Xpipe and Cats
JBA Axle Back
FRPP 4.10s

2k1cobra

Established Member
Ha those cars would have trouble pulling a 99-04 GT. A Stock cobra or mach 1 would just rape it.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
well badass06 thats the way it went down your right he did get smoked from a dig and from a roll it was a little bit closer but i think he didnt want to even get close to me because his allmighty ss cobalt just lost to mustang GT beat a terminator my ass..

Bad06SS

Established Member
SVT GuY 281SC said:
read his sig...he has probably a low-mid 14 second truck on his hands...i bet it was a driver's race.

Gotcha. Yea, after seeing his sig, I would have to agree. :)
03Cobra05GT, he's definitely not pulling on you!
99Stanger, if you're modded, then you'd for sure take one. That's why I asked what mods, because stock and stock it should be close.
2K1, before I bought my cobalt, I drove someone else's with the G85 performance package. While I was out cruising, I had a run in with a new 2005 Mustang GT. We started the race from 60, and it was dead even the entire time. He was an auto, and I was shifting like crazy. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! That and one of my buddy's getting one made me decide to get it for a good daily driver.Right now they don't seem like much because there isn't a whole lot of aftermarket, but, like the SRT-4, give it some time and they will be. My friend runs consistant 12's@110mph with his. Take care guys.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread