03 Cobra vs 1971 468 big block Camaro

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Ok for starters this race was between me and one of my best friends. He has been tinkering with the car for the past two weeks trying to get ready to race me. He doesn't know the exact specs of the heads or cam that is in the car. All he knows is it is a decent sized cam with small oval ported heads. We think he is pushing around 450-470hp. Oh and it has the turbo400 transmission. He was on 275/17 Mickey Thompson ET street radials and I was on my 295/18 Toyo proxy r888s. My mods are in my sig.

1st run was from a 30 roll. I started in 1st and gave him the hit. He jumped out 3/4 of a car on me on the hit. I spun through 1st grabbed 2nd and was back even with him. We were dead even all the way through 2nd and once I hit third I started walking away by 1 1/2 lengths, grabbed 4th and continued pulling to about 2 1/2 lenths and shut down at 115mph.

2nd run again was a 30 roll. Gave him the hit again but this time I dead hooked in 1st to pull back even, grabbed 2nd and pulled another half car on him. Through third and fourth gear I pulled probably another 3 cars on him before shutting down at 120 this time.

He was suppose to be filming the race since his car was an auto but he said he got so caught up in the moment he forgot. This summer he said he's going to pull the motor, swap heads out and possibly go with a bigger cam and then come back for a rematch. Also, due to fuel issues I was shifting at 5,800rpms

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Nice! I love hearing about races where one of the cars isnt your average modded 2000+ model car

cobracide

Established Member
Good kill.. Don't start racing in first on a roll. Start in second. Don't think you won't fall behind as you are still near your torque peak. Plus you have one less shift.

Last edited:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
well guys sorry but there will not be a rematch. I sold my cobra and bought a truck a couple weeks back. blew a head gasket and did not feel like fixing it.

Users who are viewing this thread