03 Cobra vs. C5 Z06

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickStang37

Established Member
that may be true, but so are the c6z06's. I've seen in person a stock c6z06 dyno at 486rwhp. I don't think its only losing 19hp through the drivetrain.

*edit to add*
I used to trap 105mph then I added 100shot of nitrous and was trapping 114mph, took that off and went procharger and now trap 120+mph. In this range of the 1/4mile it's not as hard to pick up MPH.

Thats the highest i've heard of a c6z06 dynoing. usually in the 44x rwhp range.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1940271&highlight=SAE

TrickStang37

Established Member
Someone pointed out 118, I was going with the flow. Put it this way, when a cobra is in third, what gear is a vette in? Still going through second gear? Try not to talk down to me because of my age. I go by real track times, I've seen, not only magazines, like MM&FF..... Point being, this guy says he traps around 115ish. Trap speeds take effect in rolls, in case you did not know. ET's take place from a dead stop, or in your terms, from digs. So, if a car traps higher, and the person can drive, no reason a vette should lose to a pullied cobra from a roll, and get passed up. I understand weight has less of an effect from a roll, but 500 lbs is not a little amount of weight. Read more into physics please. That's like saying a fat guy can outrun a skinny guy after they've been running. Doesn't make any damn sense. Good kill, you deserve mad props. Even though you only beat the driver.

Read more into physics?? read more into cars. its clear you don't know as much as you think you do.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
That's like saying a fat guy can outrun a skinny guy after they've been running. Doesn't make any damn sense.

bad analogy.

GrabberGT said:
Good kill, you deserve mad props. Even though you only beat the driver.

Why even say that? Do car's drive themselves? Roll racing is pretty hard to screw up...so he only beat the driver, not the car?

That's like saying a skinny guy outran a fat guy, but only because he was sitting down eating a cheeseburger.

TrickStang37

Established Member
btw, a stock C5 Z06 typically dynos in the 35x-36x range, with 12% losses, hardly underrated at all. seems to be right in line actually of where it should be.

dont get me wrong, they are badass cars, almost anything with an LSx is or can be, with 600 lbs less weight but nearing a 100 rwhp deficit, the Z06 in this instance is likely to lose.

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
Honest story I had a run in with a guy in a c5Z on the freeway from about 60mph on a dead freeway midday, we ran it up to about 120. All the way to 100 we were dead even, top of fourth he had me by about a car....
This was when all I had was the K&N and some welded in mufflers, we pulled off the freeway to talk and he had some catback. He kept telling his girlfriend(that he just picked up where we pulled over) how impressed he was with the cobra and how its fast as hell.

If I were to be pullied as the man above me is, I would have for sure been able to take it out through 4th

TrickStang37

Established Member
I do believe it is possible. However, with equal drivers, less weight in favor of the vette, close to 500 lbs, way more aero, and somewhat similar power, it would be a tough match.

It is always good to beat a vette, just to know that your less expensive car ,handed the vette it's ass.

similar power??

Where did you get that I only trap 115's? where did you get that i started in third and the z06 in second?

your talking out of your ass.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
I agree with GrabberGT. Bolton 03/04 Cobras are slow cars and can in no way compete with a properly driven stock C5Z.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
LMAO^^^

True, but, from a roll, yeah, it is hard to screw up. But, what if the person shifts too early, or too late, bounces off the limiter etc.

Yes physics. Why do you think 300c's etc are pigs off the line? Once they are rolling, they move right?

Now, 500 lbs is good for approx. 4-5 tenths. Hence the physics of weight.

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
I agree with GrabberGT. Bolton 03/04 Cobras are slow cars and can in no way compete with a properly driven stock C5Z.

dead on....... anything with a C or Z or 6 can never looooze:nono:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
For some reason, I thought you said you trapped that. But in actuality you said C5Z's trap 115-117. Everyone here has a serious attitude, and a lot of you are fanboys.

Now, I threw out that if you were topping off third, the vette would still be pulling in second even after you shifted. Point is, you are the man, and a vette killer, Good for you!!!!!

TrickStang37

Established Member
LMAO^^^

True, but, from a roll, yeah, it is hard to screw up. But, what if the person shifts too early, or too late, bounces off the limiter etc.

Yes physics. Why do you think 300c's etc are pigs off the line? Once they are rolling, they move right?

Now, 500 lbs is good for approx. 4-5 tenths. Hence the physics of weight.

ya, and near 100 rwhp is good for nearly a second.

300c's arent that bad off the line either. They cut 1.9-2.0's just fine even with THEIR OPEN DIFFERENTIAL. That's better than I've done so far. Unless your talking about it being a pig in comparison to a real drag car cutting sub 1.6 60's, then ya, it is a pig. But in the real world, they get off the line OK. They accelerate like any other car that traps 108's.

Jroc

Established Member
Stock Z vs. FAsnakes bolton Terminator.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwFYZSai1WA"]YouTube - Pullied 03 Cobra vs Stock 03 Z06[/ame]

Another one. Stock Z vs. a bolt Terminator. Shorter video.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPXvQOr-H20"]YouTube - Stock Z06 vs Supercharged Cobra[/ame]

Z06's are a higherend car than a Cobra, but a bolton 03/04 Cobra will be making quite abit more HP than a stock C5Z.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I agree with you completely. However, factor in wind resistance, weight to power ratio, and all of that good stuff, and it is not so simple. It is a non winning battle and e-argument.

The other thread are pretty funny, and some of you actually agree with them. Lighting runs dead even from a DB9 from a roll, near stock lightning beats a 6.0 GTO from a roll, cobra against a C6 Z06, and people think it will win.....I don't get it.

jgheels2003

Established Member
Here, read some of the responses.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f8/whats-fastest-stock-z06-1-4-mile-time-87461/

118 is more then enough to beat your 115-116 car trap. How the **** does a C6Z06 that does not have way more power trap 125+ in the 1/4? The they weigh 3115 lbs, have about 425 HP. The C6 Z06 weighs approx. 3150, and has 505 HP. Yet, they are able to run low-mid 11's, and trap way higher? Does not seem right.

A c6 Z puts around 100whp more to the ground, stock, compared to the c5Z. THAT is why. AND, 99% of stock C5Zs don't trap 120, AND the OP traps more than you said.

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
A 100 rwhp is more than enough to overcome the wind and the weight. Have you ran the numbers yet? Drag = .5*pho*V^2*A*Cd = ft*lbs/s. This would really only come into play at high speeds 130+, inwhich the Z06 would and was already behind. Until then 100rwhp is good enough. Then you would have to fator in is the drag enough to slow the cobra lead down enough for the vette to catch up, probably not until the cobra pegs the speedo.

Oh sorry I forgot that a muscle car can never beat a sports car. I retract my argument.

jlauth

Established Member
Yes Jroc that is exactly what I was looking for. THAT VID ENDS THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
I agree with you completely. However, factor in wind resistance, weight to power ratio, and all of that good stuff, and it is not so simple. It is a non winning battle and e-argument.

The other thread are pretty funny, and some of you actually agree with them. Lighting runs dead even from a DB9 from a roll, near stock lightning beats a 6.0 GTO from a roll, cobra against a C6 Z06, and people think it will win.....I don't get it.

You moron look at the video posted above you....end of discussion. Pullied cobra wins every aspect. I like how the vette guy says "no warm up for him, what a bitch" then goes "aww fawk" as the cobra gets him off the line anyways!

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
All right end of thread. Cobra's own all. Now race a STOCK C6 Z06, and let's talk.

Too bad you are in South Cali. Moron huh.....I love shit-talkers. Can't ever have a "friendly" thread without name calling.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread