03 Cobra vs Infinity G35 Sport Cpe

KingKobra

Established Member
It's a late night on the Beltway in Northern Va... I'm heading home, cruising at 80in 6th gear, toying around to get some fun before I get off the highway. Then, slowly sneaks up a very unique infinity... dual exhaust... nice look, but a little too preppy for me. I quitely drop down to 4th... riding at about 3-3.5 RPM's when I see him try to pass me... so, I go full torque... I pass him once, I pass him twice... I slow down... I pass him again and again... he slows down and tries the 'riceboy fly-by'... he never passes me, but catches up... I look over, he's all eyes and attention on his mission... so, I pass him again. We are now at 140 MPH and I'm thinking, "dude, give it up"... anyway, we slow down and you'd think he had enough... well, the story just repeats... nice looking car, prolly fast than most, but not fast enough. BWUAHAHAHAHAHA.

:lol:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by KingKobra
It's a late night on the Beltway in Northern Va... I'm heading home, cruising at 80in 6th gear, toying around to get some fun before I get off the highway. Then, slowly sneaks up a very unique infinity... dual exhaust... nice look, but a little too preppy for me. I quitely drop down to 4th... riding at about 3-3.5 RPM's when I see him try to pass me... so, I go full torque... I pass him once, I pass him twice... I slow down... I pass him again and again... he slows down and tries the 'riceboy fly-by'... he never passes me, but catches up... I look over, he's all eyes and attention on his mission... so, I pass him again. We are now at 140 MPH and I'm thinking, "dude, give it up"... anyway, we slow down and you'd think he had enough... well, the story just repeats... nice looking car, prolly fast than most, but not fast enough. BWUAHAHAHAHAHA.

:lol:

Good kill... But stop picking on those weak cars! That's like a boxing match with a 13-year old girl. LOL.... :D

Traga-o

Established Member
Re: Re: 03 Cobra vs Infinity G35 Sport Cpe

Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Good kill... But stop picking on those weak cars! That's like a boxing match with a 13-year old girl. LOL.... :D

heheheh...should I say that when I race you next :-D j/k big-v wants you to mail him the vid fyi

1qwkpny

Established Member
Nice kill, I had a similar experience while riding in my buddies '88 Turbo Coupe T-bird ((414ci, dart heads, 3.55, c-6) this thing looks totally stock but runs 12.teens at 114mph) this guy in a brand new WS6 fireturd thought he was gonna throttle us or something to show off for his "caked-up" girlfriend. Wrong he dropped the hammer and so did we except we would let him just get a fender then we would jump about 2 car in front. Man was that guy pissed. But anyways those G-35's are around $35-40000 and the kind of idiot that would spend that much to go so slow deserves it. I bet you had the time of your life... I know we laughed for days about it.

MyZinc03

Established Member
That G35 is not as slow as you would think. 285hp right off the showroom floor. True, its no cobra, but can probably hold its own with many of the cars out there. Now imagine you were drivin a regular GT......sad to say it but the G35 would prob come out on top. Not by much though.

donpablo

Established Member
hey kingkobra, besides the pussycat mod, have you had any mods done?

if so, just curious who in NOVA did them? I live in Dumfries and will be returning from Kuwait next Friday and will begin my 03 search.

by the way, who did you buy your snake from?

thanks, regards
DonPablo

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 03 Cobra vs Infinity G35 Sport Cpe

Originally posted by Traga-o
heheheh...should I say that when I race you next :-D j/k big-v wants you to mail him the vid fyi

I think it'll be more like Michael Jackson vs. the 8-year old boy. You'll just rape the shit out of me. Maybe when somebody makes a twin turbo conversion for the Cobra, it'll be a little better matched. :D

BIG-V wants the video? Have him PM me with his email address. I'll send it to him.

derryck

Established Member
The 03 Infiniti G35 coupe is a claimed 280 bhp but from the dyno numbers they've been seeing it looks closer to 260 at the crank like the sedan version. The G35 Coupe w/ Six Speed, 18" wheels, Brembos .... pretty loaded with Nav. runs about $35K. They should be mid 14 sec. cars. The 350Z is in essence the same car but it a little faster (more hp). I can't figure out why all of the 350Z's I see want to race.

KingKobra

Established Member
Originally posted by DonPablo94SVT
hey kingkobra, besides the pussycat mod, have you had any mods done?

if so, just curious who in NOVA did them? I live in Dumfries and will be returning from Kuwait next Friday and will begin my 03 search.

by the way, who did you buy your snake from?

thanks, regards
DonPablo

I did my own hood mod, K&N, Magnaflow Cat-back and I did them all myself, very easy. Other than that, she's stock. The catback wasn't too hard, other than, it started to get dark, and I couldn't see too well. :)

KingKobra

Established Member
Re: Re: 03 Cobra vs Infinity G35 Sport Cpe

I swear, I can't find anybody to race.. so far, the most competetive race I've had was about a month ago with a porsche, which was fun, especially through a nice curve on the Fairfax Cty Parkway at about 100MPH... If I do see a fast one, it's some old fart who keeps it nice, clean, and proper. This Inifinity guy was doing his best.. I was impressed with it's rolling HP. He was mad and probably thought it was a regular GT Mustang. It is sad that GT's are so low in HP now... but their torque is still higher, which is good.

KingKobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 1qwkpny
I bet you had the time of your life... I know we laughed for days about it.

I did have fun, but it was the fastest I've taken my car... the relentlessness of some people cracks me up... when I finally get my ass handed to me, I will thumb up and drive away. This guy prolly woulda flicked me off.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> ...If I do see a fast one, it's some old fart who keeps it nice, clean, and proper...

Usually the case...=>)

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: 03 Cobra vs Infinity G35 Sport Cpe

Maybe when somebody makes a twin turbo conversion for the Cobra, it'll be a little better matched.

Someone just might. Call the number in my sig, ask for Jake and ask a few questions. I don't think he's done a twin conversion on an '03 as of yet, but I've seen several earlier Cobra motors, 96-01, leave his shop with twin turbos, a dead stock idle and 500+ hp to the ground. His own SVO 'Stang uses a 98 Cobra 4-valve, stock internals, stock heads/cams and a little cleanup in the intake, and it puts down 625hp with two small turbos. It purrs like a kitten, is quiet enough to drive through anyone's neighborhood at 3a.m., and has run 9.63 at 140+ at Englishtown. :eek:

If he can get that kind of power from a non-forged motor, think what he could potentially do with yours.

I'm already saving my food stamps.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Last edited:

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Originally posted by project626
I agree, a V6 285 vs. a V8 390. Not a fair match-up. but a kill is a kill.

Run whatcha brung....I have more kids in Civics trying to race me then cars that might have a chance...

I had a run with a G35 or 350Z myself....

KingKobra

Established Member
Originally posted by project626
I agree, a V6 285 vs. a V8 390. Not a fair match-up. but a kill is a kill.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a fair matchup... it's more the fact that they will relentlessly keep trying to pass you... and get so fierce and crazy... meanwhile, I'm staring at this guy, thinking, "Don't fret it... you probably think I'm a GT, just relax, some mustangs are faster than others"

I think most people just see a mustang... and I'm there to show them otherwise. :)

Users who are viewing this thread