03 Cobra vs Infinity G35 Sport Cpe

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Originally posted by MyZinc03
That G35 is not as slow as you would think. 285hp right off the showroom floor. True, its no cobra, but can probably hold its own with many of the cars out there. Now imagine you were drivin a regular GT......sad to say it but the G35 would prob come out on top. Not by much though.

I am not so sure they are really putting out those numbers. The 1/4 mile trap speeds look too low. I think Nissan is inflating their numbers.

I read a recent article that compared the G35 sedan (I know, less power than the coupe) to 9 other "sport sedans". The G35 had the highest hp by far but one of the lowest trap speeds. The 225hp 330i BMW had the highest. Hmmm....

I'd be curious to see what one of those puts down on the dyno.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Originally posted by Jon
I am not so sure they are really putting out those numbers. The 1/4 mile trap speeds look too low. I think Nissan is inflating their numbers.

I read a recent article that compared the G35 sedan (I know, less power than the coupe) to 9 other "sport sedans". The G35 had the highest hp by far but one of the lowest trap speeds. The 225hp 330i BMW had the highest. Hmmm....

You may be onto something... Apparently that 3.5 motor they use in the 350z, altima and maxima(I know its not exactly the same motor in all 3 cars, different intake, cams etc)..Had an HP scandal (ala 99 cobra ;) )when it was first introduced... I remember seeing a thread at another site awhile back... apparently some maxima owners had dynoed their cars, don't ask me why...Apparently their numbers were a bit low... I don't know how much truth there is to this

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
apparently some maxima owners had dynoed their cars, don't ask me why...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will say my brother loves his '97 SE with "only" 190 HP...;-)
They are nice cars...

SVTCobra1

Established Member
Originally posted by MyZinc03
That G35 is not as slow as you would think. 285hp right off the showroom floor. True, its no cobra, but can probably hold its own with many of the cars out there. Now imagine you were drivin a regular GT......sad to say it but the G35 would prob come out on top. Not by much though.

I think it would be an alright car for playing with other under powered imports such as Audi TT's, Boxsters, & S2000's etc.
Owners should do alright as long as they don't try to step up to similar priced Domestics like the 03 Cobra & C5. Then there just masticates looking for $hit & abuse.

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
There's a couple of 350Z's in town that I'm going to start looking for in a couple weeks. I would love to hand em their a$$. :)
I would also love to run a new Accord and Neon SRT.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I've seen some nice altimas/maximas. A guy came in here with a 02 altima-that ran 14.3 on 20's with an exhaust and cai. They're nice cars and got some go. As for the Z's I haven't seen anything better than 14's. I think their main problem is they are rather high strung (like the 4v cobras), and need some more power across the board.

Blades

Established Member
My bro has a g35 coupe. haha. Poor kid thinks hes gonna hang with me, my buds z06, a lightning, and a ss.. woo. he can get video camera duty..

Fullserve

Established Member
Originally posted by Jon

Well, as for the trap speed the G35 sedan is at an obvious disadvantage to the 330i because of being an auto trans. My sister is looking at both cars and I test drove them both - the G35 has very impressive punch for that class of car. It FEELS faster than the BMW up to 60 or so, but with the sales guy sitting next to me I wasn't able to push either car too hard.

dspiel

Lurker
Established Member
G35 Coupe and 350Z are pretty good for Stock Imports however, the aftermarket for them is still pretty new and not a whole lot owners can do to improve them as of yet. I hear a few companies are coming out with Twin Turbo packages for them that can probably hit 400-450hp, This might help making it a better match for an 03 *STOCK* Cobra.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Just my 0.02$.
I think the people that buy cars like the 350Z or the G35 are not the type of people who are interested in bone crushing speed. They like peppiness,class, sleekness,interior design and so on. They don't know what it is to drive pure Horsepower. It's not their fault.

BlackStripes

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 03 Cobra vs Infinity G35 Sport Cpe

Originally posted by KingKobra
I swear, I can't find anybody to race.. so far, the most competetive race I've had was about a month ago with a porsche, which was fun, especially through a nice curve on the Fairfax Cty Parkway at about 100MPH... If I do see a fast one, it's some old fart who keeps it nice, clean, and proper. This Inifinity guy was doing his best.. I was impressed with it's rolling HP. He was mad and probably thought it was a regular GT Mustang. It is sad that GT's are so low in HP now... but their torque is still higher, which is good.

I have to love Fairfax county pkw too :) ... some M3s and MBs confuse me with a regular GT... ohh damn.. i have a GT :D

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
Supposedly, Z's do 0-60 around 5.8 secs. Even more interesting is the dealers here in Austin won't let them out the door for less than 4K above MSRP! Must be a hot item amongst the yuppies.

Would def. like to see what kind of engine tuning that will start showing up for them though.

KingKobra

Established Member
Originally posted by TXFLYME1
Supposedly, Z's do 0-60 around 5.8 secs. Even more interesting is the dealers here in Austin won't let them out the door for less than 4K above MSRP! Must be a hot item amongst the yuppies.

Would def. like to see what kind of engine tuning that will start showing up for them though.

I've seen 2 Z's in my area... tried to play with one... it was like I wasn't there. *shrug*... must have thought I was a 6-cylinder :) :lol:

KingKobra

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: 03 Cobra vs Infinity G35 Sport Cpe

Originally posted by BlackStripes
I have to love Fairfax county pkw too :) ... some M3s and MBs confuse me with a regular GT... ohh damn.. i have a GT :D

Yea, FFX PKW rules, but people say that it's a speedtrap... I love the 0-60 on it, so I kick back and wait for lights. :)

Yea, thanks to my exhaust, I just step on it a bit to taunt the cars... it worked for this porche, but he lost. hehehehehe

Users who are viewing this thread