03 cobra vs srt-4

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
"Slightly modded" My ass...

I raced one of those locally here, and I whooped that car so bad I thought he stalled. That 03 shoulda spanked that Neon harder than it did..

So whats the deal with this car? Got any links on it?

98gt281

Established Member
Yea it beat that Evo by like 50 cars, and it is a FACT that stock for stock the Evo is faster, so what turbo is that Neon running, it is NOT anywhere near stock.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
The Neon isn't running a bigger turbo, but from what I have read he is spraying an undisclosed amount. Plus he has most of the bolt-on's avaiable right now.

98gt281

Established Member
Yea nitrous would explain alot too, funny how he had bolt-ons, a turbo, and some nitrous, and still lost to a Cobra with intake and exhaust, by like 10 cars!!!@!!

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by 98gt281
Yea nitrous would explain alot too, funny how he had bolt-ons, a turbo, and some nitrous, and still lost to a Cobra with intake and exhaust, by like 10 cars!!!@!!

SRT-4's come with a turbo....

blacksrt

Established Member
Over at srt-forums, they are saying all it has is a bc, prototype IC, exhast, and something about a compressor wheel on the intake side.

DEMNSVT

Established Member
I used to run a Icon Twin Turbo on my Cobra before losing my car insurance and selling it to pay it off, but by changing the compressor wheels u allow for a smaller turbo to get spoll up at a lower RPM then changing out the turbo, yet because the wheel is has more space between the fins it is able to run more boost. It is called clipping. They mill a bigger wheel to fit in the smaller housing. DSM guys do that all the time. It works very also. What he most likely did was added only a larger intake wheel to fed more air into the engine, thus increasing power. Cool Video though, got to love the 03 Cobra!!!
Kevin

98gt281

Established Member
I know the SRT comes turbocharged, I was stating the fact it was running Bolt-Ons and two power adders and still losing to the lightly modded Cobra.

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
nice vid, i think it finally made some of the immature kids at srt4forums realize the neon isnt gods gift to racers :D

:bash: :cuss: :lol: :beer:

Wild Bill

Established Member
Nice vid. I doubt the SRT-4 was on the bottle as it got spanked pretty bad. The only time it even hung for a second was on the second run,and you can tell the Cobra is spinning like crazy.From the vids it looks like the Cobra is minimum 1-1.5 seconds faster in 1/4 so I say bolt-ons only for the SRT-4.Nice little cars they are.

97DOHCobra

Established Member
I know I'm a newbie, but I guess I need to know the difference between 1&2 mods and "slightly modded".. :-D

Thanks for hosting the vids... Good races!

:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread