03 Cobra VS Supercharged SRT8 Charger...money on the table, what yal think

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
This guy has been talking junk for a loooong while now, he has a SRT8 Charger that has been supercharged I'm assuming thats the 6.1 HEMI? But anyways he's been bugging the shit out of me saying he can whoop my ass. I know where he dynoed it at and the guys there said he has 540hp to the wheels. The guy is 300 pounds and those chargers are 4000 pounds or more, plus he is riding around on 20" "performance rims" with nitto radials, not drag radials but just radials. My car was recently dynod and I'm pushing close to 465 to the wheels, with 315 nitto drag radials on the back. He says he has some kind of shift shit something and that his car is "not" an automatic. He wants to put money on it, he's been wanting to do it for a while. I'm thinking 1 of 2 things. He's got spray which he will want to use. Or, he is a dumb arrogant person that wants to feel good about the money/things he has done to his car. I really don't know. With our cars being much lighter I honestly think I can take him, not spank him but take him down the 1/4 mile. He wants to put $1000 on the table that he can, as he refers to it, whoop my "PussTang"...+ he wants to know why i don't have a grill...lmao thanks guys, and if i do make $1000, i'm just going to spend it on more mods. I want to get everyone's opinion :beer: :rockon:

UPDATE: I'm no longer putting money on the table, you guys here brought up alot of good points. $1000 is a whole lot to be betting with, especially when I really don't know what his car can do. I'll see what I can get out him or others about the car, and keep you guys posted Thanks

Last edited:

exdeath

Established Member
Get a twin screw first and blow his ass away. Leave no margin. If you only get him by an inch he will never shut up, and god help you if you lose. Don't take any chances.

Last edited:

onebadsvt

Established Member
really if he happens to hook it will be a good race. he wont be missing the time it takes you to shift since his auto will shift for him. and by not auto im sure hes refering to putting it in slap shift mode. Theres one here locally that has a procharger on 7psi makes 550rwhp and runs mid 11s at like 118-120

91GT

Established Member
I would not even think about racing that car for money with your car without a healthy shot on it and maybe even some more serious DR's.

You are right in that as described you car should be faster but who knows if his car is as he said. If it was for fun I would say run them now, but for money I would be more careful.

Is this at a track?

BAD351W

Established Member
Its too close to tell. Do you have any buddies with similar cars to yours? Maybe they can provoke a race with the guy and that will let you know how you might fair.

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
I would not even think about racing that car for money with your car without a healthy shot on it and maybe even some more serious DR's.

You are right in that as described you car should be faster but who knows if his car is as he said. If it was for fun I would say run them now, but for money I would be more careful.

Is this at a track?

This is all going to be at a track...We haven't agreed on anything so i can probably get some buy time until I get a better and more healthy setup going on...hopefully trying to avoid spray. If we do anything right now, it sure isn't going to be money.

Put a nitrous setup on before you race. Have a neutral party hold the money.

I've kinda been avoiding spray for a while, but i'm pretty sure spray will do the trick :beer:

really if he happens to hook it will be a good race. he wont be missing the time it takes you to shift since his auto will shift for him. and by not auto im sure hes refering to putting it in slap shift mode. Theres one here locally that has a procharger on 7psi makes 550rwhp and runs mid 11s at like 118-120
Heavy ass charger doing 11s? shit...I guess i really need to watch my back on this one.

1 run or 2 out of 3? Take him to the 1/4 mile.
We haven't decided yet, but if anything it'll prob be just one run down the 1/8 or 1/4.

stang910

Established Member
There's a procharged charger at our local track running meth and around 12 psi. He runs low 11's at 128+mph.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
If you can drive i'd say it's a pretty good chance you can take him. Port the blower slap on a lower pulley and tune it on E85. Drive the ever loving piss out of it and show him how it's done.

crazycarlo

Established Member
my friend used to have a 300C SRT8 and on the bootle it was running 10's. Of course it had cams and stuff BUT it was a streetcar and was nasty.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
In my opinion you are barking up the wrong tree with your mods right now. Who says this guy wont spend 1 hour doing a pulley swap for a bit more boost before you hit the track to ensure he wins.

I would say until you have spray or a bigger blower. Just turn him down.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
$1000 is a fair bit of money - if you bet that much. So I would want to add some extra insurance and do some additional moding. Also if the race is at a track I would expect him to slap on some slicks before the race.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Do not underestimate this car. One of my best friends has a cammed supercharged pontiac g8. He was sitting at 540hp and running 11.3s in the quarter. he put a 75 shot on his car and was running 10.8s. At your power level I would not put $1,000 on the line against this guy. Now this is my opinion but even on the street I think he would pull you. If you honestly want to beat this guy you need to do one of three things: 1. port your blower and put on a lower pulley 2. Add some nitrous to your setup and spray a 100 shot 3. get a twin screw. There is to much money on the line for you to even try racing him on your current setup.

Digital

Established Member
Never bet money unless you can A. lose it and B. know 100% sure you got more power then he could ever have.
Because he's gonna be following the same 2 rules.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I love my money too much to be betting it in races. In your case, I woulnt feel comfortable unless I has a twin screw. Go to the srt websites and see what some of those guys are running with his mods. Hell, you might just run into him there and see what he's really packing.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
good call on backing off with 1g....just run for shits-n-grins....

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I like the idea of doing some spying. I see you are in Greensboro, maybe hop on HorsepowerJunkies.com and see if anyone knows him. The idea of getting a friend to mess with him on the street is good too. Either way, unless you have seen under his hood and have a good idea of his capabilities, just race for fun.

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
I like the idea of doing some spying. I see you are in Greensboro, maybe hop on HorsepowerJunkies.com and see if anyone knows him. The idea of getting a friend to mess with him on the street is good too. Either way, unless you have seen under his hood and have a good idea of his capabilities, just race for fun.

I've looked and looked and looked...and the only semi-local forum i found was the dumb Burlington one, which gets one post every 3 days. Thanks, i'll sign up and see what theres guys got going on.

I mentioned it in the update back in the OP, but thanks guys. I guess yal saved me 1000 bucks. Plus, i was so interested in getting a 1000 bucks from the guy that I completely forgot that my 1st cousin has a supercharged srt8 charger, well he kind of hit a deer recently so i'll have to ask him later what he ran lol. Maybe it is time for a twinscrew :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread