03 cobra VS: Supercharged Viper!

96Creeper

Featured Rcoupe
Established Member
i will be posting a video of my friends 2003 cobra racing a supercharged viper! you guess the outcome! :burn: :beer:

StangJason

Established Member
Well a stock 03 Cobra probably doesn't have a chance but if the 03 Cobra had a whipple or something then I'd have to say it'd be a toss up but I'll give the nod to the Cobra winning.

aslowdodge

Established Member
well without any info, it's anyones guess. If the cobra is stock, the viper should win. If it's not all bets are off. the sc vipers run anywhere from 530 to 850 rwhp depending on which type and the boost.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It sounds like it could get ugly. i was hoping for some real info.

AllVenom

Established Member
Yeah, there's too many variables here. Is your friends 03 blown with a KB or a Whipple? I'm thinking, even if it was, that Viper driver would have to be a lousy driver to lose...

99SVTAddict

Established Member
On the street....you never know. The Viper could have 800RWHP and do nothing but spin as the Cobra walks by with 450RWHP.

RixSikcobra04

I happen to know from 1st hand exprerience that if the Cobra ain' got a Kb/Whipple(with supporting mods)and REALLY high boost and/or a SC-N20 setup, this Viper would win. I raced a SC Viper that had only 8 lbs of boost and literally tied it for about a little over an 1/8th of a mile from a slow roll. I did some homework afterwards and found at 8 psi, a Viper makes about 650-700 to the wheels. I think I had my 175 jets in at the time with all my supporting mods in sig. :beer:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
StangJason said:
Well a stock 03 Cobra probably doesn't have a chance but if the 03 Cobra had a whipple or something then I'd have to say it'd be a toss up but I'll give the nod to the Cobra winning.

"Probably". A stock Cobra has NO chance!! S**t a stock Viper runs from low 12's to mid 11's stock. With a supercharger I'd expect at least 10's. S**t from a dig a stock (depending on the year)Viper can stay with a Whippled or KB Cobra.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
"Probably". A stock Cobra has NO chance!! S**t a stock Viper runs from low 12's to mid 11's stock. With a supercharger I'd expect at least 10's. S**t from a dig a stock (depending on the year)Viper can stay with a Whippled or KB Cobra.

I don't think too many stock vipers are seeing 11 second slips. Even the new coupe has only been given a low 12 by most magazines. I'm not saying they can't, I just haven't seen a time yet.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
I don't think too many stock vipers are seeing 11 second slips. Even the new coupe has only been given a low 12 by most magazines. I'm not saying they can't, I just haven't seen a time yet.

Kind of off topic, but I have a vid that was posted on here a while back of a '01 GTS running a bunch of 11.80's and one 11.67 bone stock. If anyone wants to host it let me know. FWIW. I personally ran a 12.05 @119.

11's are NOT the norm however.

Users who are viewing this thread