03 Cobra-VS-ZL1 (round 1)

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
A friend of mine bought a new ZLfail (slush box lol) a little over month ago and the shit talking started before he even got it home.

About 2 weeks ago we met at the drag strip... not my thing but I wanted to beat him at his game. He showed up with Hoosier DR's and skinnys the rest was stock. I only have a few power upgrades (2.76 pulley, tune, JLT CAI, Accufab TB, catted x and SLP) some of my suspension and braking probably hurt straight line performance (Eibach swaybars and a 14" Baer brakes) I had ET streets on the rear and full size fronts.

null-11.jpg

null-14.jpg

null-18.jpg

null-19.jpg

I don't drag race often and I drive my car as opposed to the point and go slush box. 1st two races we were lined up side by side, I lost the 1st by .03 and was the closest race I ever had
null-15.jpg

The trap was closer than what the slip says... when I was in the right lane I trapped 118-120. I wasn't expecting his fail to be so quick with just tires.

2nd race I beat him 11.69 to his 11.77 and the heat soak continued to eat away his times the rest of the night. I ended up having the best ET and MPH between us for the night, my 11.54 to his 11.59 and my 120.22 to his 118.98.

My runs for the night were very close while the auto failed him lol

Round 2 will be when the cars look like this and will be on some twisty back roads ... I expect to beat him there too.

null-13.jpg

067285ed.jpg

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
That zl1 is flat out moving for just bigs and littles! You're gonna race on a road course or public roads?

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Not bad for an almost stock ZL1, there is a reason it comparable against a GT500

Sent from my office in the Bureau

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
Nice, If you every decide to make up a batch count me in ..
I may get another set that match my current set of headlights and make another one, if you want the dark one let me know. it takes a while to make and I don't have the time to make a lot of them.
Off topic, I love your wheels...what are they?

MB Battles, I like the tires that are on them better than the wheels lol... Nitto NT01's

68f5f8f9.jpg

null-30.jpg

04nccobra

Established Member
That zl1 is flat out moving for just bigs and littles! You're gonna race on a road course or public roads?

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

I read about this over on the other forum and I agree the ZL1 is flat out getting down the 1/4 with just wheels and tires. The beauty of an automatic on the drag strip:)

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Nice work!!! Just light bolt ons and your in the mid 11s. Thats moving especially for a 10 year old car. What kinda power do you put down?

b_dike

Established Member
Nice runs... Watch out for that ZL1 on the road coarse though... With gm's new suspension tech they can take an over weight pig like the camaro, and make it "fast".

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Nice runs. What rear tire setup is that? You still running the IRS? I need to find a cheap set of 16's with slicks that fit my lowered setup. You have any for sale by chance?

Users who are viewing this thread