03 Gt runs [email protected]

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
K this is an edit.... everything I said before was completely f*cked up by the fact that I was using the wrong #'s for weight.... the basic argument at this point is this: off-the-lot-bone-stock GT cannot run a 13.7 because most dyno calculators will yeild 13.65 as a perfect run with 260HP.

once again: Yes, GT's don't weight 4,000 lbs... more like 3,400lbs. Don't use the in door sticker to gauge weight...use the manufacturer specified Curb Weight.

Last edited:

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
First of all there is no way the GT will be weighting in at 4900 lbs. 2ndly my friend with street tires, 01 GT 5 speed, Magnaflow Catback, UD pullies, K&N intake, Superchip, 3.55 gears w/ a 2.0 60 ft time ran 13.4@102mph

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
No GT weighs 4900 lbs. Bone stock Gt's run 14.2 to 13.9. I think your times and your weight are a little off:shrug:

fordrules

Slow But Still Trying
Established Member
I can''t drive and I ran a 14.5 at 97. My car is bone stock and it was about 90 degrees outside and humid.

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
edit:

14.2 to 13.9 stock Gt sound about right. w/ perfect friction and a perfect start and weightless passengers and the stock rating of HP the car should run 13.65. I might be young but I graduated with a 4.8 GPA valedictorian and am off to Yale to study PHYSICS so don't tell me a bone stock GT can run a 13.7 Unless its being towed by a cobra. There's a Viper @ bithlo that runs 13.2s so that 13.4s @ 102 is bullshit... that viper runs shitty of course but even he would blow a GT away screeching his tires across the whole track and shifting halfway to redline.

summary: GOD/Mother nature/Physics/Reality say 13.7 is impossible.

Last edited:

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SilvaCobra03
on the door sill of the car (the driver side) it has the weight of your car along with the paint codes etc... stock GT's weight 4490lbs... check your car sticker cobra's weigh almost 1000lbs less than GT's... but the GT weight reads 4490lbs according to the manufactuer.
I believe that sticker you are referring to is the max gross weight, It says GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) on my cobra it says 4450 then below that is says max payload (people + luggage) 700 lbs. If you subtract the payload from the max gross, you get 3750. I forget what they are "supposed" to weigh, but the empty car + fluids, is probably close to 3750. I don't mean to offend you, but you were rude with your response, are you sure about that GPA? Did you really think a GT was that heavy? and that a Cobra was 1000 lbs lighter? I guess book smarts don't give you common sense.

Edit: how CAN a Cobra weigh less than a GT ? We all know the cast iron block is heavier, the supercharger, intercooler, Heat exchanger, pump, etc all adds weight. The independent suspension is heavier than the solid axle. Unless the rest of the car was made with exotic materials, there is no way it could be lighter, (but this is FORD, it's not built like a McLaren) back to the common sense thing again :bash:

Last edited:

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Hahahhahahahhah dude you are wayy off on your weights. GTs only weigh in at 3,429 pounds. Look here http://www.automotive.com/reviews/17/2004/ford/mustang/gt/buyersguide/ if you don't believe me.

And the Cobras weigh even more with their Iron block and IRS.

And there is no way that turbodiesel ways more than 4 tons.

I don't know what you're looking at, but they are definitely not curb weights.

Paul

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you honestly expect me to belive that a gt weighs 4900 pounds? Kid you got alot to learn "mental note to self dont send my son to your school" Gt's run 15's lmao. Wow thanks for you input! But before you run your mouth about how smart you are heres a little link you might wanna check out.http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/23216#specifications ya see where it says curb weight. If you want me to post the link with GT's running 14.1 bone stock from Car and Driver I will but I think you learned your lesson. Get your facts straight before you go telling us how mentaly superior you are.:loser:

Last edited:

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
never said anything about superior...point was it doesn't take a genius to realize a stock GT can't run a 13.7, that would defy physics...

the weights are waaaaaaaaaay off :shrug: ... so I apologize for his mixup... you're also right about that turbodiesel cuz that was the # I was using... I think BBriBro has the right idea about that sticker weight...and it makes sense that the cobra should be heavier... My friend Johnny drives a 2000 Mustang coupe and told me that # was the weight of the car... He's a turbodiesel mechanic so I thought he knew what he was talking about... I was wrong :bowdown: :cuss: but he use to always say he had no idea how his car could possibly weight 1000lbs more... nor did I. I'll tell him to stick to turbodiesel's and leave car weights to you gusy.

anyways... 2003 GT = 3241 lbs.
2003 cobra = 3665 lbs.

but still back to my original point...

if a stock GT weighs 3241 plus a driver... lets say he weighs 109 lbs...

car weight is at least 3350.... all other factors perfect (reaction time, perfect traction, perfect gravity, perfect power to wheels)...

3350lbs w/ 260 RWHP and 305 ft lbs torque would run a 13.65 but @ 99.8mph.... so that 14.9 doesn't look so hot anymore.
but that 102mph trapspeed and 13.7 still sounds very impossible for a complete BONE STOCK GT....

P.S. absolutely correct... I was being a bit rude:bowdown: ... my apologies just frustrated at that 13.7 stuff cuz I still feel like that's a bit insulting to my friend's run since I still don't think that's feasible in the real world with a stock GT.:shrug:

P.P.S. My purpose of this post is to figure out how my friend's run compares with others so I have learned a lot already. thank you primarily to BBriBro:rockon:

Last edited:

BBriBro

Established Member
curb weight of 2004 Excursion V10 turbodiesel 6650 lbs-7087 lbs. (no clue why a range of #'s)....

Are they all 4 wheel drive? If not , that would explain part of it, I'm sure it has to do with options and such. Something as simple as the stereo, (Mach 1000 for example) can add a surprising amount of weight.

2k1cobra

Established Member
My cousins friend gt ran 13.4@105 w/ only a 2.2 60 ft at a shitty track w/ X-Pipe, pullies, timing adjuster, 3.73 gears, cai, and nitto DR's.
Now he has LT's & 4.10s so i think he'll run 13.1-13.3@105-6 depending on his 60 ft time

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
curb weight is without passengers but a full tank of gas and all fluids filled oil, raidator, ect

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by 2k1cobra
My cousins friend gt ran 13.4@105 w/ only a 2.2 60 ft at a shitty track w/ X-Pipe, pullies, timing adjuster, 3.73 gears, cai, and nitto DR's.
Now he has LT's & 4.10s so i think he'll run 13.1-13.3@105-6 depending on his 60 ft time

that is a lot of mods to hit that 13.4... no one has still given an alternate opinion though of that allegedly stock gt running 13.7 @ 102.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
on the door sill of the car (the driver side) it has the weight of your car along with the paint codes etc... stock GT's weight 4490lbs... check your car sticker cobra's weigh almost 1000lbs less than GT's... but the GT weight reads 4490lbs according to the manufactuer. A big Expedition turbodiesel weighs 8800lbs. So that's not that big of a deal for it to weigh that much. That is not arguable according to Ford.

14.2 to 13.9 stock... that defies physics buddy. w/ perfect friction and a perfect start and weightless passengers and the stock rating of HP the car should run 15.05 @ 90.5. So don't throw those bullshit #'s at me... I might be young but I graduated with a 4.8 GPA valedictorian and am off to Yale to study PHYSICS so don't tell me a bone stock GT can run under 4 secs. Unless its being towed by a cobra. There's a Viper @ bithlo that runs 13.2s so that 13.4s @ 102 is bullshit... that viper runs shitty of course but even he would blow a GT away screeching his tires across the whole track and shifting halfway to redline.

:lol: Your going to Yale. Bro Stock GT' run 14.4 to a 13.9. Mine is AODE and it went 14.4 STOCK buddy. face it you can't drive!

WTF are you talking about its impossible for a GT to run mid to low 14's bro. Take your GOD/Mother nature/Physics/Reality crap and give it to someone who cares. Your GT is not slow your car can run any where from a 14.4 to a 13.9 in STOCK Form. You need to learn to drive it thats all look at the ppl here with there GT they have slips to prove it. Go to thet track when its cool and the Humid is down and you see thats your wrong and the GT does not weight what you say it does i think u need to go to Hambuger University instead of Yale:thumbsup: J/K with ya bro!

Kenny H

Established Member
on the door sill of the car (the driver side) it has the weight of your car along with the paint codes etc... stock GT's weight 4490lbs... check your car sticker cobra's weigh almost 1000lbs less than GT's... but the GT weight reads 4490lbs according to the manufactuer. A big Expedition turbodiesel weighs 8800lbs. So that's not that big of a deal for it to weigh that much. That is not arguable according to Ford.

14.2 to 13.9 stock... that defies physics buddy. w/ perfect friction and a perfect start and weightless passengers and the stock rating of HP the car should run 15.05 @ 90.5. So don't throw those bullshit #'s at me... I might be young but I graduated with a 4.8 GPA valedictorian and am off to Yale to study PHYSICS so don't tell me a bone stock GT can run under 4 secs. Unless its being towed by a cobra. There's a Viper @ bithlo that runs 13.2s so that 13.4s @ 102 is bullshit... that viper runs shitty of course but even he would blow a GT away screeching his tires across the whole track and shifting halfway to redline.

This post is surely a joke so I will not comment on it....

Users who are viewing this thread