03 Gt runs [email protected]

BBriBro

Established Member
I and many others were trapping ~109 stock. With traction, I'm sure that could easily be 110 or 111, so that calculator seems pretty close to me.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Whatever. The driver is a HUGE factor!
My 01 GT vert ran a 13.6 at 99.5 ;this was at Bithlo 2 years ago in the fall. Bithlo happens to be a crappy track. Especially if it is a busy night, you can't stick for nothing. So your launch sucks.
Mods were Pullies, timing Adj., throttle body, flowmasters, shifter, springs, and 275 tires with fresh bridgstones S02's.
If I can find the timeslip Ill post it.

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by rmgtc01
Whatever. The driver is a HUGE factor!
My 01 GT vert ran a 13.6 at 99.5 ;this was at Bithlo 2 years ago in the fall. Bithlo happens to be a crappy track. Especially if it is a busy night, you can't stick for nothing. So your launch sucks.
Mods were Pullies, timing Adj., throttle body, flowmasters, shifter, springs, and 275 tires with fresh bridgstones S02's.
If I can find the timeslip Ill post it.

with those mods that makes perfect sense.

rmgtc01

Established Member
I thought I would do better though. Maybe at a different track it would be possible. Thanks

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
I and many others were trapping ~109 stock. With traction, I'm sure that could easily be 110 or 111, so that calculator seems pretty close to me.

He was saying according to the calculator the best trap speed that can be achieved is 110.88 MPH. People are going well over that completely stock, so the dyno calculator isn't accurate.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by SilvaCobra03
curb weight of 2004 Excursion V10 turbodiesel 6650 lbs-7087 lbs. (no clue why a range of #'s)....

by the way... what exactly is "curb" weight.....????

not to get off topic here, but when did ford come out with a v10 turbodiesel???

my powerstroke is 8100 with me in it... 4 tons!!

blowfishRus6

Established Member
First off, 3rd run @ bithlo= 14.9 1/4 with .75 r/t with 3.73 gears, accufab 75mm throttle body, C&L Upper Intake Plenum, Superchip microtuner, magnaflow catback exhaust, K&N Gen II FIPK cold air intake, steeda short shifter. That’s why u don’t race in the rain with bald tires. (j/k) but that time with those mods dosent say much for yours friends driving.

Ok to get to the point. IMO, it seems like u r looking at this in the wrong prospective, by that I mean, its not a physics problem (calculator, weight + power = blah blah blah). if you want to get the real facts, go to the track, observe. That is the only way that u r going to get the real truth.

Anything can happen at the strip, u never know.

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by capnkirk52

ha ha yeah they make a huuuge excursion (my summer job is at the carwash ha ha so that's where I found out about it) it LOOKS like it weighs 4 tons I can tell you that :rolling:, but yeah at least I don't feel as stupid about my 4 ton comment earlier :p

Last edited:

BBriBro

Established Member
ha ha yeah they make a huuuge expedition (my summer job is at the carwash ha ha so that's where I found out about it) but yeah at least I don't feel as stupid about my 4 ton comment earlier :p
Your not out of the woods yet, I think what capnkirk52 meant was that there is no V10 turbo diesel. It's either the diesel V8, or gas V10.

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
yeah :-( right again... v8 turbodiesel or v10 regular gas..... ****very frustrated****

is there a reason why there isn't a v10 turbodiesel that is obvious to someone who knows a lot more than I do about engines or should be obvious at least?

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by capnkirk52

Maybe at Yale their engineering students have produced the v10 powerstroke and have not sold the design to Ford yet. Think before you speak jackass :lol:

SilvaCobra03

Established Member

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
read all the posts before posting... you are waaaaay late on your appraisal... I corrected my misconception of weight but I still insist that no stock GT will hit a 13.7 since a 13.65 is the physically perfect run w/ a 260HP car.

edit: according to the NHRA r/t does not factor into e/t... e/t doesn't start till you leave the staging area.

No my friend iam not way off, all you did was go back and correct your posts:nonono: thats sad!

I don't see how a GT STOCK will run 13.7 either but i have seen them cut 13.9's Stock!

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
yeah I did correct my posts, that way people don't keep reposting the same arguments...however, since the original posts I have insisted that a 13.7 is impossible. 1) b/c originally I thought a 14 was impossible 2) b/c after correcting my weight misconception the calculator (although not perfect) estimated a 13.65 as perfect, which mean I don't expect to see a 13.7 which is way too damn close to perfect.

Fosters

Established Member
yeah I did correct my posts, that way people don't keep reposting the same arguments...however, since the original posts I have insisted that a 13.7 is impossible. 1) b/c originally I thought a 14 was impossible 2) b/c after correcting my weight misconception the calculator (although not perfect) estimated a 13.65 as perfect, which mean I don't expect to see a 13.7 which is way too damn close to perfect.

true. it would only be possible if the GT was assembled at yale. :rolleyes:

13.7 may be impossible w/ a bone stock gt, but w/ a good track prep, a very experienced driver (reaction time doesn't make you an experienced driver), and good weather... i can see a 13.8-13.9 happening. I have seen 13.9 but the weather wasn't great... i'm sure if it were any colder (i live in arizona) it woulda been a 13.8.

as for the guy who said he's never seen mach1s break 13.7s stock, i ran exactly that on my 2nd run ever with a 5 spd... car had 600 miles on it too... I've ran 13.9 missing a gear (my only other decent run after that first time out) and if you wanna get technical, there's a list of mach1 times over at www.mach1registry.com. the bonestock ones are listed w/ an asterix... quite a few in the low 13s... as for GTs without nitrous/turbo/blowers, i have seen quite a few n/a gt's in the 12s, they're working their way to the low 12s right now...

last year, the final for mod motor at fun ford weekend was between 2 NA GTs, both ran 12s, one was an auto...

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
That is very true for a 5 speed GT. The best I ever did stock with my auto was 14.3 And I have a friend with a Mach 1 and it is fast as hell. It runs high 12s at least. Hasn't ran it yet but hopefully soon it will be. I am ready to see what kind of numbers that thing puts down.

Users who are viewing this thread