03 Gt runs [email protected]

timk

Established Member
i think a point being missed here is that a 260 hp rating is averaged...we all know there are "strong" cars and "weak" cars in the same model. there can be huge swings in actual rwhp due to manufacturers tolerances. it's an age-old fact. from browsing the different mustang websites, i've seen anywhere between 210 and 240 rwhp from 5speed 99-03 gt's.

you ever wonder why there are so many different dyno readings from "stock" cars?
1) different dynos
2) different conditions
3) different cars

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by REDLIKEFIRE02
bone stock GT ran a 13.7 (after some intake icing and all)

still stand on my original statement... bone stock GT cannot run a 13.70 or less. 13.8 sure, 13.9 don't doubt it, 13.7 no. Honestly I don't know what "intake icing and all" is suppose to mean, but that's what's going to make it different than a GT right off the lot.

that's like saying, oh yeah my cobra ran a 12.5 bone stock...after a bit of tuning and all (you know chip, pulleys, exhaust....) :bash:

Last edited:

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by REDLIKEFIRE02
um, actually there was an article in one of the Mustang mags a while back that a bone stock GT ran a 13.7 (after some intake icing and all) ... Mr.Physics better brush up on his knowledge, im not sure Yale is quite for you yet, might wna hit up the community college first ...

:nonono: I thought we were done with the 2 yr old asshole bickering.

before you post about an article in a magazine you should actually make a reference to it, I have subscriptions to Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords as well as Mustang 5.0 and I'm not seeing any 13.7 bone stock GT's... tried a few internet searches. But if you can show me a completely unmodified GT, no alterations what so ever, right off the lot straight to the track running a 13.70 or pretty damn close I will be amazed. If not :shrug: oh well, not that big of a deal. 13.8 is still a pretty damn good time with only about 260hp on tap when I see mach 1's running those same #'s with about 305hp at their access.

Mustangs are fast cars :rockon: I know 3.8L's running the 15's, GT's in the 14's, Mach1's in the 13's, and Cobra's in the 12's, and my friend has a video of a 2003 running a 9.99 run which is sick, no clue what mods though. If you're driving a GT I hope your not taking offense to the 13.7 doubt.

I'm not trying to slam GT's, just making the point that no one is perfect... there is no perfect GT with a perfect driver and the perfect road conditions and perfect climate to run a perfect 13.7 in their vehicle. If there is let me know :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread