03 L just modified ???'s

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
Well I finally modified my 03 L a while back. Lower 4lb pulley, SCT tuner and Dyno tuned, back in June. Man am I having fun again. I’m barking second (On purpose around 15-20mph, cause I have an Greg Evens valve body in the trans.) My question to you good folks is, has anyone had transmission troubles by barking second often? (like daily lol)

Another question if I may, ever since the tuning was done, the supercharger is making a lot noises it never made. The guy who tuned it said it got to 150F on the last pull, and so he stopped tuning after that. Saying it wouldn’t get any better HP/TQ #’s from being so hot. Could we have hurt it any? It still runs GREAT, I’ve also replaced the intercooler pump (as he asked me too, because mine was getting to become noisy after the pulls)

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

SVT #2293

Reguarding that trans I did a valve body a while back and ran it every chance I got .... Now I just pulled my trans and my torque converter is trashed and my input shaft is scratched up pretty bad lol ... In my opinion it will give sooner or later, mine lasted about 15k miles. Put a little $$$ to the side so a new trans or rebuild kit and labor won't be such a pinch. I am not a transmission know it all, I am currently having mine built.
The supercharger stock pushes I believe 8psi when I upped my boost to 14psi it did get louder. Whined all the way down the track. I never thought about if anything was wrong with it I just figured the increased boost would increase the noise.

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
Well I've had the VB on for about 45thousand miles truck has over 85thousand now. Maybe 2thousand on the mods.

It's not the whinning on mine, it's like metal to metal sound. It's not getting any worse, but it bothers me that it did not make the noise before hand.

Users who are viewing this thread