03 Mach 1 Vs 03 SRT-4

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Just wondering i saw a Dodge SRT-4 today goin pretty fast around our park and it was showing off, it was pretty fast.

I also saw a saleen earlyier that day maybe the same guy burning out as well.

Well just wondering what you guys think about a Stock mach 1 vs a srt.

I think the mach would win because the power diffrence, but the srt has turbo and is alot lighter too so who knows.

This includes these catagories:

0-60
0-top speed
70-0
Salom Course
1/4
1/8
Twisties and tunies course.

i think the mach wins in the 0-60 but not sure im looking at Car and driver right now.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
MACH1 will toast it in the quarter but the SRT-4 has a nicely tuned suspension and braking system. So in the handling and braking department the SRT-4 would come out ahead.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
handling = srt -4
todays mustangs all suck at handling. what did you expect they are built on the 78 fairmont chasis. the fairmont was not designed for high speed cornering. basic problem on the mustang the nose is to low and the butt is to high. the mach 1 handles better than the gt but worse than the cobra.

performance = mach 1
one word - torque
that is what you feel when you are pinned back to your seat.

price
srt -4 = $20000
mach 1 = $23000

drive them both and figure out what feels best.

personall for the same price as a srt -4 i would buy and 99 m3. about the same performance and better handling. but thats just me.

good luck with your choice. and dont forget the spin factor:burnout:

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
seriously man, would you just get a damn car!!!!

j/k But I really think you need to go DRIVE one. Stop depending on everybody's opinion and make your own. Its not brain surgery, drive a few and decide on what YOU want and you alone. I'm only saying this because you have posted at least 6 threads about what car we think is better. Comparing a srt4 to a mach1 is apples to oranges. Two entirely different cars built for two entirely different things. good luck with your decision :)

TTA89

Established Member
You guys need to do some research.

The SRT4 runs high 13s ~100 mph stock. With 1500 bucks in mods they are in the high 12s trapping 108-110mph.

You want to talk about Torque? The SRT's with the boost turned up and exhaust are making almost 300 Ft/lbs.

You cannot beat Forced Induction. Just aint gonna happen :coolman:

From what I have been reading they have been doing very well at the Auto X events as well and the brakes seem to be ok.

I would buy an SRT4 over a Mach 1 anyday of the week.

I mean what are you gonna do to the Mach1 to make it faster? Add Headers and an intake for 5hp? Screw that.. Turn up the Boost, add exhaust and pick up 50hp in the Neon.

Last edited:

ohlarikd

Established Member
Cool - a 89 Turbo Trans Am, one of my favorites. Much like the Grand National...

Anyway - besides performance, I think style and looks are part of the equation, and these two cars can't be any different. I am a Mopar fan from way back, but can't get past the Neon look and roots. Where is my retro Cuda? I like turbos, imports, that whole scene, but that Neon still looks like a cartoon. MY vane self wouldn't be caught in that car, or a Beetle.

Derek
98 Cobra - Chrome Yellow vert

TTA89

Established Member
Well looks is matter of opinion, the Performance is fact.

I am not tied to one brand or style of car. If Kia came out with a 400hp AWD Turbo something I would buy it.

It's the performance that matters to me and the SRT4 has way more potential in stock form than the Mach 1 does unless your into ripping the whole car apart and rebuilding it which I am not.

Couple tweaks and prods and the Neon will own the Mach.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Originally posted by TTA89

I would buy an SRT4 over a Mach 1 anyday of the week.

:rollseyes

Here we go again. Apparently, speed is the only thing that matters in a car today. A comment like this completely disregards, styling, looks, heritage, history, blah, blah, blah. When was the last time you heard, or saw someone run up to another person and say " Wow, really cool Neon". NEVER.

Go buy you a little Neon. You will really impress the 13 year olds.

Oh brotherrrrrrr. :loser:

TTA89

Established Member
Originally posted by SnkBtn99
:rollseyes

Here we go again. Apparently, speed is the only thing that matters in a car today. A comment like this completely disregards, styling, looks, heritage, history, blah, blah, blah. When was the last time you heard, or saw someone run up to another person and say " Wow, really cool Neon". NEVER.

Go buy you a little Neon. You will really impress the 13 year olds.

Oh brotherrrrrrr. :loser:

This just shows how different people think. You buy cars based on heritage and history? To me a car is a car. I buy them, race them, modify them and sell them or junk them and buy another.

I buy the cars I buy because I want to have FUN. To me owning a car that has History or Heritage means nothing. I don't care if anyone else thinks the car is cool or if I impress 13 or 50 year olds. That doesn't matter to me 1 bit.

What I enjoy would be coming up on some guy in a Mach 1 and blowing his doors off with my Neon. So it does't have 40 years of History and Heritage... What does it matter? You still LOST! And thats whats fun is beating up on cars that "should" be faster.

Being Brand loyal and buying cars because you liked another model that manufacture made is STUPID, especially when there are other cars in the same price range that are BETTER.

If I wanted to get attention from people I would go buy a Mercedes.

I buy cars soley on Performance and thats it. This may seem stupid to you but thats why they make all kinds.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
tta89 - everyone is unique and thats cool. but if kia or hyndia(or however you spell it) came out with a 600hp awd car for $20k i would still not buy. i give kudos to dodge for building it and filling a nitch but it is not for me. cant wait for thier blown hemi wagon to come out though(if they ever build it).

the mach 1 comes with 300wtq stock. if you want to mod it for $1500 throw some dr's and n20 on it and you will then have that all precious boost that you guys love and 450wtq. yes i know n20 is not all the time but you never find vettes and vipers to run all the time either.

the turbo trans ams are awesome, same with the grand nationals. superb power plant. hang on to it i dont believe there are to many around. i wish my dad would have kept his 4 speed 69 trans am 400. they made less than 1k of those.

gooday

SNK BITN

Established Member
Listen up everyone, ITS A NEON! How cool do you look in a neon? I have a feeling that if VW made a 13 second beetle, you would say "cool, my new favorite car cause they go 13's now" :rollseyes:

TTA89

Established Member
So it's about how cool you look? :??: :??: Some of the Neon guys think the same thing about Mustangs. How can you define cool? It amazes me how many closed minded people there are in this hobby.

So if Kia made a 600HP awd whatever you wouldn't want one? Because its a Kia? I don't get understand... It would kill everything that Ford makes but because it's not a Ford it sucks? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

The SRT4 is a Neon as a Cobra is a Base Model V6 Mustang as the WRX is an Imprezza.

SNK BITN

Established Member
You buy a car you want to be seen in, wether its a neon or a ferrari. Kudos to you if you wanna be seen goin fast in a neon. I would laugh my ass off if someone beat me in a neon, simply cause they look so silly.

Users who are viewing this thread