03 Mach 1 vs. Older 5.0, Challenger SRT 8, 07 STI, 09 eclipse

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I had a rough day and decided that I needed some 32v theropy.

I took out the mach and went around town. First run was an 09 eclipse. I encountered the fellows in the car and they asked me to go to "The Spot" so he could whip another mustang. I asked him what his mods were. Exhaust, Intake Tune, He asked mine I said about the same....

We lined up and went from an arm drop. I left the line at 2000 rpm so I didnt spin. I proceeded to put a car on him before I shifted to 2nd then a bus when I hit third. I let off after third and waited for him. He accused me of spraying and he has never lost to a mustang. I told him to look up 32v 4.6 and get back to me then I motored away.

I left "The Spot" and headed to go home. As I got onto the interstate I had a challenger go flying by me. He saw me and hit his brakes and waited for me on the highway. I caught up and he downshifted as did I. i was doing about 45 in second when he hit it I stopped his pull and shifted to third. through out third I pulled half a car on him. I let off due to my exit being up next. He let off and pulled in behind me. I took the right at the stop light and headed home. He pulled up along side me and down shifted. I rolled down my window and shook my head no since we were in town and there is traffic. He blipped his throttle and gave me a ahh common man I shook my head again and at the next intersection a city cop pulled out in front of us. Wow that was lucky.

I tuned onto the road to my house (back out of town) and had a pair of HID lights come flying up behind me. An 07 STI pulled up along side me goosed it. I said **** it lets go. I honked three times and punched it. First I pulled half a car then second gear I pulled a bit more. then Held him there for all of third. I heard his BOV going and It was loud. We let off after third. I pulled over to talk. He said hehad exhaust intake and a tune, and was putting down 340. He asked if mine was supercharged I said no of course he said nice car and took off.

Then I turned around since we had missed my house and I had an older 5.0 pull up while I was turning. He wanted to run. I gave him a quick 1-3 and had him by a few cars or so. nothing special.

I thought I would share my friday evening. The STI should have taken me. We are at 5200ft his turbo should have beat my NA all day but I am not complaining.

RideThePONY

Say what?
Established Member
You couldn't possibly have beaten any of those cars, expecially the all mighty SRT-8 :bs::bs::bs:

Hahaha god I love people who underestimate our cars. Sounds like an eventful night man nice kills :beer:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice kills. Way to represent the 4v's :)

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice kills.

Shoot, he gets more kills than I have in 3 years. No one...and I mean no one...wants to play. Even when I drive the Lightning. I would think a Dodge Ram-rod would want to play.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
First run was an 09 eclipse. I encountered the fellows in the car and they asked me to go to "The Spot" so he could whip another mustang. I asked him what his mods were. Exhaust, Intake Tune, He asked mine I said about the same....

We lined up and went from an arm drop. I left the line at 2000 rpm so I didnt spin. I proceeded to put a car on him before I shifted to 2nd then a bus when I hit third. I let off after third and waited for him. He accused me of spraying and he has never lost to a mustang. I told him to look up 32v 4.6 and get back to me then I motored away.

that guy is a ***ing moron!! 09 Eclipse that never loses to a mustang?? that doesnt make sense even by todays standard because a little V6 mustang nowadays does dam near 13's out of the box!

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice kills.

Shoot, he gets more kills than I have in 3 years. No one...and I mean no one...wants to play. Even when I drive the Lightning. I would think a Dodge Ram-rod would want to play.

same here man...I do not instigate but the only time Ive had someone try me I was on a limp to the dyno tune :shrug:

nice kills!

BAD351W

Established Member
Nice kill on the STI. My buddy has one that is Intake/Full exhaust/Tune and we are neck and neck all the way to 120.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice kills forsure! And how come no one ever instigates races with me either?! Maybe that's a good thing lol.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Nice kills.

Gotta love Mitsubishi drivers lol, the Eclipse is a joke.

careful

The new ones are sure...but the older ones 1st and 2nd gen are def car that can make you a bit edgy when lineing up to one....so... may want to catch your words

Wildman113

Established Member
careful

The new ones are sure...but the older ones 1st and 2nd gen are def car that can make you a bit edgy when lineing up to one....so... may want to catch your words

I've raced plenty, the FWD ones can never catch traction, the AWD ones break 90% of the time, and neither can ever stop after the race is over because their chassis and brake systems are a joke.

I raced my freinds 400WHP '99 Eclipse with my Trans Am, killed him 3 times, 2 digs and a roll race. Then his car broke after that and he "lost boost".

Users who are viewing this thread