03 mach1 with bolt ons vs barely modded 03 cobra...

deano

Established Member
03 mach1: Nitto Drag radials 315's on 17inch rim
: 4:10 gears
: K&N Filter
: Catback exhaust.

03 Cobra(My car):slp loudmouth catback
: JLT CAI
I must say this was a really good fun race from a dig. It was fairly cold out (november :( ), we warmed up our tires (i knew he would get me on launch) we didn't race a whole 1/4 we were limited to how far we could go.

Anyways we both lined up i had it at 2600 RPM, the guy dropped his hands and we both got a good reaction i got a pretty good launch hit alittle wheel hop in first and let it off a bit and then soon as i got into 2nd i pretty much had foot to floor and his bumper was at my front bumper, and i went into 3rd and started to catch up and soon as we got to the finish line he was maybe ahead by a foot. Never got to go to fourth. I didn't power shift, i shifted around 6700 rpm. Was a very fun and good race.

I don't know if i did a good job or not but my shifts were pretty quick and smooth, i could hear him shifting and he was a damn good driver :)

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
This is going to turn into a ****ing shit storm.

Good run.

Last edited:

deano

Established Member
lol.....i thought i did pretty good considering i was running on stock good year eagle f1's :D he launched hard!!

BM1

Established Member
Yeah it sounds like you did fine to me, but it depends on who you ask. Some people will tell you you should have pulled him by bus lengths while others will agree with the outcome.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
cool cool... mach 1 FTW! less weight, good tires,gears and no wheel hop= not a good chance for you from a stop... but I would think from a roll you should have enough power to make up for the wieght issues I could be wrong tho...

Mach 1s are really sweet tho! I think most people underrate them! now get a pulley, o/r midpipe, tune, and some good tires and wave goodbye to him!

deano

Established Member
Ya on the way back we did a roll from 2nd....i pretty much raped him from a roll i didn't mention that because i perfer to race from a stop much more skill involved in my opinion.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Nice runs..........Good to see the mach hang liek that...even after you hit 3rd.

FWIW - a mach with that setup is typically a mid 12 car with a decent driver.

deano

Established Member
Yes before i had this cobra i had an 03 mach1 and it was very quick stock. Car was awesome lots of torque. Found it a lot easier to launch in Mach 1. The driver of the mach 1 was a very good shifter/driver.

TrickStang37

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Nice runs..........Good to see the mach hang liek that...even after you hit 3rd.

FWIW - a mach with that setup is typically a mid 12 car with a decent driver.
your trippin, even with those mods, that is not "typically" a mid 12 car. it would take good driving and its CAPABLE, dont get me wrong, but definately NOT typical. have you been to the track much? even that cobra with the CAI is not TYPICALLY a mid 12 car. CAPABLE, hell yes. TYPICAL, no, but alot closer.

i think 4th gear would have gotten ugly. good kill.

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

I've lined up with several '03-'04 Cobras at the track ... Virtually identical races every time:

I get 'em on the launch and pull ahead ... At 1/8 mile they start to reel me in ... blower whine goes by ... Terminator wins. :coolman:

My car launches very well but doesn't have power on the top-end of the track. That's why I put the cams in. Should help some. :shrug:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
TrickStang37 said:
your trippin, even with those mods, that is not "typically" a mid 12 car. it would take good driving and its CAPABLE, dont get me wrong, but definately NOT typical. have you been to the track much? even that cobra with the CAI is not TYPICALLY a mid 12 car. CAPABLE, hell yes. TYPICAL, no, but alot closer.

i think 4th gear would have gotten ugly. good kill.
Um..ok bud......so because they don't do that at your track it's not typical? 4.10s, DRs, k and N, catback (tune assumably) and mid 12s isn't typical? WOW, just WOW. A terminator with CAI isn't good for mid 12s...again, wow.

TrickStang37

Established Member
no, mid 12's is not typical, sorry but welcome to the real world. im not saying its not possible, it is, but not typical. same with a k&n on an 03 Cobra. not a typical mid 12's. very good driver, yes, but the typical driver, whether you like to think so or not, is not what would qualify as very good driver.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
TrickStang37 said:
no, mid 12's is not typical, sorry but welcome to the real world. im not saying its not possible, it is, but not typical. same with a k&n on an 03 Cobra. not a typical mid 12's. very good driver, yes, but the typical driver, whether you like to think so or not, is not what would qualify as very good driver.

Fine....whatever.:rolleyes:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
That's basically the same setup I have in my Mach minus the 315's.....(it is in dire need of a tune and an X-pipe.) The Mach is definitely easier to launch but after 3rd forget about it- Cobra FTW. If the Mach had a T56 or a TKO it would be a different story IMO But 5th gear in a Mach or a 99-01 Cobra you might was well drop an anchor.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Mach1USMC said:
That's basically the same setup I have in my Mach minus the 315's.....(it is in dire need of a tune and an X-pipe.) The Mach is definitely easier to launch but after 3rd forget about it- Cobra FTW. If the Mach had a T56 or a TKO it would be a different story IMO But 5th gear in a Mach or a 99-01 Cobra you might was well drop an anchor.

Gotta love that .62 5th. :lol:

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
Mach1USMC said:

Who the hell races in 5th gear? :shrug:

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Mach1USMC said:
If the Mach didn't have the T3650's 3.38 1st gear ratio and had the T56's 2.?? it would be even uglier. The trans in the Mach's actually help our times. And normally at 6800 in fourth gear most ppl shut it down.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread