03 Ported Cobra vs 2010 Camaro and 2005 SC'd GTO

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Well today I was headed to the track with my wife and one of my good friends cruising about 80mph down the interstate and a new Camaro SS flew past me. I down shifted to third and blew past him to see if he would be game and as I was slowing back down he went WOT at my back bumper. I threw it back in third stopped his pull and put atleast 5 cars on him by 120. I hit it around 75-80mph. Guy was real cool. He pulled back up next to me giving me thumbs up telling me he knew he didn't stand a chance but wanted to see my car go.

When we made it to the track it was cold and then wind was blowing. I was sitting around waiting on my buddy to get to the track with my big and little setup but never got to make any passes. A storm blew in and rained out the track day. My best friend that I have known since kindergarten was there in his 2005 GTO. His mods consists of a Maggie 112 supercharger, blower cam, long tube headers with full 3" exaust, 3200 stall and a built trans. He drove to the track on his ET street bias plys. I followed him home to make sure he didn't lose it out on the hwy. When we got almost halfway home it showed no signs of any rain and the roads were bone dry on the interstate. I did not think he would run me on the street but I decided to try goosing him into it. I pulled up next to him at 80 dropped it into third and took off. I slowed back down and moved over infront of him. To my surprise he pulled up along side at me at 75. I tried to get him to honk it off but he couldn't hear me so I gave him the signal to go. As soon as he hit it I was ready and mashed the gas in third gear and immediately jump a car out on him shifted to fourth and put another half a car on him before we let out.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
need to get some vids

that is what we were just talking about with how close the race ended up being that we could make some great videos. he said he started in the wrong gear which would explain why i jumped a car out right off the bat because after that i was just slowly pulling him

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Nice kills. I would have thought the GTO would have given you a better run than that. A cammed and blown LS2 is going to make more power than you're putting down.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Nice kills. I would have thought the GTO would have given you a better run than that. A cammed and blown LS2 is going to make more power than you're putting down.

That is exactly what i was thinking and was very surprised by the outcome of the race. Like I said while ago he is a life long friend of mine and I have been wanting this race ever since I bought the Cobra back in January. He said he pulled down into third instead of 2nd because he thought he was going to fast to pull down in second. If he had pulled it down to 2nd from the start we probably would have stayed dead even the entire run. I think he is putting down around 550-560hp though

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
Nice kill, man. How did he start in the wrong gear though? Isn't he auto? I would think that at 80 mph his trans wouldn't kick down any lower than 3rd gear.

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
Was he wanting to be in 2nd gear or what? I did a quick search and stock A4 GTO ratio is 3.46 it looks like. I think he'd have to be going a lot slower than 80 for it to downshift to 2nd or just to be able to put it in 2nd. Just my thoughts.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
we were rolling at 75 but yes he could have pulled it down into 2nd gear. H said he was at 3500rpms in third when he took the hit.

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
I forgot that he has a cam, so his shift points are probably way above stock. It makes sense now.

You guys should just do it again, this time from about 50-60 mph.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
I forgot that he has a cam, so his shift points are probably way above stock. It makes sense now.

You guys should just do it again, this time from about 50-60 mph.

We will do it again just don't know when due to our work schedules. I asked him if we could do a 5-60 and he said he wouldn't hook at 50 but might at 60. We will have someone video it the next time though.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
the way he looks at it is so long as he doesn't hook on the street he can't break anything and can't race anyone. the only reason he ran me today is because he was on his et streets.

Users who are viewing this thread