03 Ported Cobra VS C6 Corvette

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Well tonight I decided to go out and ride around for a change and see if anyone was out at the local cruising area. My wife and I made probably 5 passes down and back looking for something of interest to play with but nothing was showing up. As I was getting ready to leave my wife looks over and tells me there is a white Corvette fixing to pull out of the gas station to our right. I head on down to the turn around and sit there to see what direction he was going to turn and how he drove the car taking off to see if he was someone that might be willing to run. Well to say the least he took off like a bat out of hell and I gave chase to finally get my first run with a C6 Corvette. I guess at first this guy must have thought I was just another mustang because he would not look at me so I decided to see if putting my front bumper next to his passenger window (which was down) and hitting it in first gear for him to hear the blower whine would get his attention. :banana: That was all it took to get him to bite.

About a block up the road we come to a red light with me still in the right lane and him in the left behind the car that was right next to me. Light turns green and I proceed to take off slow to let the other car get a good ways ahead. By the time I shifted into second the other car was a long ways up there and the Vette owner went WOT from about a car behind me. As soon as I saw his lights lift I layed into it as well around 3000rpms in second gear. By the time I caught traction he had made it to my door but it stopped there. I proceeded to put about 2 to 2 1/2 cars on him by the time I hit 65mph. I had to let out due to traffic and was disappointed it was only a short race but overall I was happy a C6 owner finally gave me the time of day. :banana:

Last edited:

geeteego

What???
Established Member
Good run. I have only had the chance to run 2 Cobras. One was a pulled eaton that was a dead heat, and the other was against my buddy's whippled 03. I got pummeled in that one. I have a LS2 car with a manual.

CobraKid04

Established Member
Nice job...I don't understand how someone who is into cars(vette owner) doesn't understand what a terminator is...i guess thats one of the perks of that car hahah

Nice run!

any mods to the vette? what year was it?

whipplecharged0

Established Member
The corvette sounded like it was stock. I hope it was stock as hard as I pulled in second gear alone. I don't know how to tell the difference between the years models in the c6 corvettes

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
This was before my pulley and tune, both cars had intake, exhaust and DR's 12.29 @ 114.62 to the C6's 12.46 @ 109.65

7b13d372.jpg

Last edited:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Good run. I have only had the chance to run 2 Cobras. One was a pulled eaton that was a dead heat, and the other was against my buddy's whippled 03. I got pummeled in that one. I have a LS2 car with a manual.

well if you were in my area i would love to run you.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Nice job...I don't understand how someone who is into cars(vette owner) doesn't understand what a terminator is...i guess thats one of the perks of that car hahah

Nice run!

any mods to the vette? what year was it?

well to be honest there are so many exaust only GT's running around in my area that have slapped the cobra side emblems on it isn't funny

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The corvette sounded like it was stock. I hope it was stock as hard as I pulled in second gear alone. I don't know how to tell the difference between the years models in the c6 corvettes

The only thing really different between the LS2 and LS3 C6 exterior are the wheels.

Good kill!

Grabber07'

Established Member
Ive got a buddy in a 2005 C6 m6 that wants to run me. He has an off-road midpipe, but is stock otherwise. Hes wondering how he would do against my '10 Shelby.

My mods:

2.59 pulley
VMP 91oct tune
Lethal Perf O/R X
C&R dual fan Heat Exchanger
Reische 170 Thermostat
FRPP resonator delete
AirRaid Filter

LSXThis

Established Member
Ive got a buddy in a 2005 C6 m6 that wants to run me. He has an off-road midpipe, but is stock otherwise. Hes wondering how he would do against my '10 Shelby.

My mods:

2.59 pulley
VMP 91oct tune
Lethal Perf O/R X
Reische 170 Thermostat
FRPP resonator delete
AirRaid Filter
not good is my guess

SinisterCobra

Established Member

My mods:

2.59 pulley
VMP 91oct tune
Lethal Perf O/R X
Reische 170 Thermostat
FRPP resonator delete
AirRaid Filter

you should destroy him, I raced one with just 293 pulley, exhaust, intake and tune... it wasnt pretty... his was pretty much stock just intake

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Well not only did I kill the vette Friday night I killed a new camaro on the way to the track today and a cam, Maggie112 supercharged 05 gto on the way home. Man I love this car

Users who are viewing this thread