03 Procharged Roush vs Supercharged Saleen

Joe5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by ReducedFat
Don't get off the track here boys, the Saleen guy said that he saved 25k over a Cobra...impossible.

Also said that it has more power than a Cobra...not so.

2V Supercharged vs 4V Forged/Supercharged, the latter wins every time.

Alls im saying is on the lot in my town cobras are 38-45k brand new. And i absolutely never said a saleen made more power than a cobra. Cobras are amazing if i had more money id buy one easily. OR an s-281E and do a pullie swap on that and tune and make 500rwhp and look great. And i am not one of those saleen owners who is a ****y ass mother ****er, i am very dissapointed in saleen, service sucks, and cars dont have enough hp. And there a little overpriced i just got a great deal on mine.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by BigZach
I guess that I should have clarified it, but yes that is what I was getting at. I still think that Saleens are over-priced and not worth the money IMO. Great cars, but not worth the money.

And, BS argument on price. I'd say its a damn good argument.
Yeah, I guess you should have clarified it, but you didnt:nonono:

The Price arguement is ALWAYS BS, if it truly isnt BS then you would agree that a Body In White is the most sensible purchase for Big HP and Great Handling:rollseyes

hj16

Established Member
I'm not bashing Saleen, just commenting on the fact that for the MONEY they are a rip plane an simple.
Explain to me how a S351 or a S281-E are ripoffs??? They are both EXTREMELY low production numbers, they both hold their value more than any 94+ Cobra ever will, they both have full suspension upgrades, they both have brake upgrades, they both have nicer rims, better tires, Aftermarket exhaust, Custom Seats, Built Motors, Superchargers capable of a TON of boost, T56, Custom Paint, Full Body Kits.....

I mean, C'mon, sure its pricey, but you get what you pay for..... a very potent built mill, a good handler with good brakes, the sexiest Mustang ever made, and one of less than 100 made.

And if you dont agree with that, then how about the 93, 95, and 00 Cobra Rs? You wouldnt call them overpriced now would you?

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
ok pound for pound and HP for HP the cobra stock and the Saleen S-281 supercharged are both very spectacular cars... as i was going to trade my lightning in for a cobra vert and get the saleen conversion done to it with the rollbar and backseat cover but said forget it and save my cash till the 06 Lightning comes out... but if you are going to talk about price my dad picked up an 03 roush stage 2 for the same price as a cobra woulda been... 38000... not supercharged but has some good suspension... thats about it... but like i said if your gonna look at cost vs performance... you gotta look at the name on it too... ferrari could make a car as fast as a honda civic and sell it for $300,000 and probably get some schmuck to buy it because its backed by a name but in my opinion everyone who owns any kind of SVT what so ever or a saleen or a roush or what ever high performance Ford car... we should all have some respect for eachother because we are part of an elite family

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Originally posted by Maverick Hunter
in my opinion everyone who owns any kind of SVT what so ever or a saleen or a roush or what ever high performance Ford car... we should all have some respect for eachother because we are part of an elite family

Keep dreaming. Mustang owners probably have the least camaraderie of any high performance car owners out there. Reasons are:

1. Because they are cheap...too many punk a$$ loser, redneck, border line retards that can afford them, who would rather stare you down than throw you a wave.

2. Because there are too many damn makes and models out there, including the chick mobile 6 cylinder. Too much to argue about.

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
there is alot of truth to that... mustang owners are proud but if you wanna go with different... you go with the lightning... (maybe even the focus) because like you said... too many makes and models of the mustang to compete with one another but yet the lightning has really no other makes or models and the focus has the roush zx3 and saleen has the N20 focus

MTI LS1

Originally posted by hj16
Explain to me how a S351 or a S281-E are ripoffs??? They are both EXTREMELY low production numbers, they both hold their value more than any 94+ Cobra ever will, they both have full suspension upgrades, they both have brake upgrades, they both have nicer rims, better tires, Aftermarket exhaust, Custom Seats, Built Motors, Superchargers capable of a TON of boost, T56, Custom Paint, Full Body Kits.....

I mean, C'mon, sure its pricey, but you get what you pay for..... a very potent built mill, a good handler with good brakes, the sexiest Mustang ever made, and one of less than 100 made.

I totally understand what you are saying. I never said they weren't great cars. All I'm saying is that I can do everything to my car to make it those cars for thousands less. Thats why I find it pointless to buy a 65K Mustang, unless you have to have a Saleen, when you can buy a 30K Cobra that will drive circles around it with some modification. Your paying for a name. Thats it.

So explain to me why you would spend 20K more for a car that performs the same as a modified Cobra. B/C it has Saleen written on it. They're ripoffs IMO, you don't have to think it. Maybe the price argument is stupid if you have money to blow on cars like that, but for someone like me or yourself it definately plays a factor.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Its the truth, handle it.

it aint the truth, Theres just something about saleens that are so exotic, and apart form other mustangs and look 400 times better. Big attention getters, and got some go to. If i wanted to go crazy fast i dhave a s-351 or 03-04 cobra.:D

venomus 03

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt the last year of the s 351 in 99? I know on Saleens website they still show a sr 351 but it says that it is 125k........so I guess the s-281 E is the only comparable car to the cobra being built today and that car is 58-60k.

MTI LS1

Originally posted by mean saleen
it aint the truth, Theres just something about saleens that are so exotic, and apart form other mustangs and look 400 times better. Big attention getters, and got some go to. If i wanted to go crazy fast i dhave a s-351 or 03-04 cobra.:D

Exactly, if you want to go crazy fast you would have an 03 Cobra or 351, and thats why I think Saleens are not worth the money. I'm not gonna pay 55K for a body kit.

I'm not meaning to stir anything up, but the truth is that a Saleen is still a Mustang and its not worth what you get.

Users who are viewing this thread