03 s/c belt tensioner bearing number?

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
So in june the s/c belt tensioner self destructed and I replaced the tensioner.
I used a lightning tensioner. The tensioner has only been in the car for 3 weeks now and the bearing is already making noise. I'm wondering if anyone knows the number for the bearing because I want to put a better bearing in and see if that solves my problem.

I've got a 4lb lower and I know that kills the alternators wondering if it does the same thing to the tensioner bearing

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
So in june the s/c belt tensioner self destructed and I replaced the tensioner.
I used a lightning tensioner. The tensioner has only been in the car for 3 weeks now and the bearing is already making noise. I'm wondering if anyone knows the number for the bearing because I want to put a better bearing in and see if that solves my problem.

I've got a 4lb lower and I know that kills the alternators wondering if it does the same thing to the tensioner bearing

I think over spinning the alternator is what kills them and can be solved by using a bigger pulley.

I'm interested in what you find out about the bearings though. I swapped all my idlers to precision ceramic.

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
I know about over spinning the alternator I've actually going to be installing the 3.2 alt pulley.

Cobracide any idea if timken makes that bearing or anything higher quality then napa

cobracide

Established Member
Don't worry about the NAPA bearings, they are good enough. A misaligned belt can cause squeaking too. Make sure your pulleys all line up. There is a laser alignment tool for that. Google around for that tool.

Last edited:

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
I know about over spinning the alternator I've actually going to be installing the 3.2 alt pulley.

Cobracide any idea if timken makes that bearing or anything higher quality then napa

Yes, Timken makes a 6203 too. McMaster-Carr carries many different types, so do most industrial supply houses. That's an industry standard bearing.

Users who are viewing this thread