'03 Shifter for the T-56

snakebite03

Established Member
D&D same as TRIax made by Steeda
cost $155 and was here in 2 days.
Can be found in all Mustang mags under D&D Performance they are in MI.

03DSGSVT

Established Member
I went with the Tri-ax, with the MGW handle. Lots of adjustment, and a nice shifter mechanism.
I think it is personal preference really between the Tri-ax, and the Pro 5.0.
I had the 5.0 on my 93 coupe and loved it, I just went with the Tri-ax this time...

BTW... www.mgwltd.com

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
Originally posted by CaptNemo
Has anyone seen a Tri-Ax and a UPR side-by-side ???

Yep....they are pretty much identical. In speaking with UPR I found out that they manufacture their own line of shifters. They are not taking someone elses shifter and relabelling it. The only real difference between the two is the stiffer preload spring in the UPR and the handle. The UPR comes with the Trick Stick...very nice looking but hidden by the shifter boot.

beabout

Established Member
Years ago HURST was the shifter to have????

Does anyone have the HURST shifter on their 2003????

If so, How do you like it any complaints???

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Im planning on going with the tri-ax, because you can reuse the leather boot and all that stuff, plus it seems like a quality, tried and true piece.

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
Originally posted by DSG03Snake
Im planning on going with the tri-ax, because you can reuse the leather boot and all that stuff, plus it seems like a quality, tried and true piece.

You re-use the leather boot and all that stuff with the UPR and Pro 5.0 too......

horatio03

mmmm beeer!
Established Member
ive had the pro 5.0 on past cars and plan on using it on this car, and at that price terry you just made a sale. i was surfing the net last night and almost bought it from a diff site

NC Cobra

Established Member
All I can say is that I wasted a whole year driving with a stock shifter. Went to a DYNO DAY yesterday and just on a whim had the PRO50 installed. By evening my face was sore from grinning.
Got up early this morning just to drive my Cobra some more.

I didn't do a lot of research, I'm sure there are others just as good. I will say that with my height, or lack thereof, the PRO50 was just right. (5'7") 3RD gear is my new best friend.

CaptNemo

Evil Genius
Established Member
Does the PRO 50 move the shifter handle to the rear ???
All of the photos I've seen of the PRO 50 have a stubbie straight up handle, (for a different trans / application ??).

NC Cobra

Established Member
CaptNemo-

If you look at the handle before install it does not look like it moves it back. On the other hand I am 5'7" and with the shifter in it feels good to me, better than stock as far as the reach. I think that because the throw is so much shorter 5th gear ends up being closer to me than stock. I also remember reading somewhere the you can buy just the tri-ax adjustable handle and it will fit the PRO 5.0 - I like it the way it is.

horatio03

mmmm beeer!
Established Member
im 6'1 and havent had any troubles, but i did run across a website that had an angled handle for the pro 5.0, ill see if i can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread