03 Slowbra v. E63 AMG

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
This afternoon I changed the fluid in the rear end and took the car for a little spin. When I exited the freeway, I noticed a new Benz coming up fast. It turned out to be an E63 AMG. The guy was hotfooting around on the two lane road -gave the impression he would be down for little engagement. I went out of my way and followed him onto an open 3 lane road. He stepped into it and I followed; 3rd gear at about 3k. I started about two cars back and ended about a car ahead by the top of 3rd. He slowed way down, changed lanes; didn't seem interested in round two :(

It seemed a little slower than an 07 911 Turbo.

Almo

Established Member
:thumbsup:

I ran into one a little while back and they're quick cars for sure.

Guy driving the Benz looked like Eugene Levy and he was smiling after we went at it. Good stuff!!

Rode in an E55 AMG the other day and its just as quick as my Cobra is from 40 to 120.

Almo

Established Member
captain4g63 said:
Your car is very impressive :beer: Way to go :rockon:

LOL... sorry, didn't post to try and get kudos or take away from your post... I was just pointing out they're fast cars.

What mods you have done to yours? :beer:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Almo said:
LOL... sorry, didn't post to try and get kudos or take away from your post... I was just pointing out they're fast cars.

What mods you have done to yours? :beer:

Hehe I didn't think that, just noticed the numbers-to-mod ratio :-D

590/577 - 2.3L, 17lbs, 60#ers, full int/ex. and a stock clutch with 21k on it :pepper: I can't hook in 2nd so I'm glad I was able to at least get it into 3rd.

musclefan21

Established Member
hmmm.. you should rape them with that power.

I am around 455rwhp and 480ish rwtq and according to the numbers and weight, my car will lose to only CL65 AMG AND SL65 AMG.
Rest AMGs shouldn't beat me!

Almo

Established Member
musclefan21 said:
hmmm.. you should rape them with that power.

I am around 455rwhp and 480ish rwtq and according to the numbers and weight, my car will lose to only CL65 AMG AND SL65 AMG.
Rest AMGs shouldn't beat me!

:nono: Don't underestimate the E55... even with an all modded upper and lower pullied Cobra, you aren't going anywhere up agaisnt an E55 AMG, especially if it has a pulley on it.

By the way and not to hurt your feelings but with your numbers in your sig and unless you have a big/little wheel/tire combo on your Cobra... a stock E55 AMG will pace you if not pull you by a car or two.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
Almo said:
:nono: Don't underestimate the E55... even with an all modded upper and lower pullied Cobra, you aren't going anywhere up agaisnt an E55 AMG, especially if it has a pulley on it.

By the way and not to hurt your feelings but with your numbers in your sig and unless you have a big/little wheel/tire combo on your Cobra... a stock E55 AMG will pace you if not pull you by a car or two.

How come?

stock E55 AMG is 469hp - 506tq and these are at the crank and lets assume they are underrated and add 20hp and 20tq. 489hp 526tq. and they weight 4087lbs. WITHOUT driver.

my car should be around 450-460rwhp and 480-490rwtq and weight 3870lbs.

and my crank hp / tq should be way Higher than him.. so how come?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
not to mention AMG's traction control aka launch control! :burnout:

badass cars! i want one! :rockon:

Almo

Established Member
musclefan21 said:
How come?

stock E55 AMG is 469hp - 506tq and these are at the crank and lets assume they are underrated and add 20hp and 20tq. 489hp 526tq. and they weight 4087lbs. WITHOUT driver.

my car should be around 450-460rwhp and 480-490rwtq and weight 3870lbs.

and my crank hp / tq should be way Higher than him.. so how come?

You say your car should be? Your sig says 435/470 so that is what I referenced... you’re also comparing BHP between the two. The E55s are underrated and their IRS isn't the best for drivetrain loss and a lot of it probably has to do with the TQ management in the cars. Even in Dyno mode, and don't quote me, but the TQ management is always slightly on which would take away from it putting down the true numbers of the car.

The cars are a little quicker than what the paper says. :beer:

Let me toss this by you. The 55 AMG MBs take to mods exactly like the GT500 would/does. :beer:

Last edited:

KenneBellGT87

Banned
the benz has some fast rides. but their high end shit weighs like 8 billion pounds. my buddy has a c230 kompressor. it gets up pretty quick. but its because the low end weigh so much less than the hig end.

Almo

Established Member
KenneBellGT87 said:
the benz has some fast rides. but their high end shit weighs like 8 billion pounds. my buddy has a c230 kompressor. it gets up pretty quick. but its because the low end weigh so much less than the hig end.

The E55 AMG weighs the same as the GT500. :shrug:

JWC

Established Member
I just test drove an E55 AMG they are very nice cars and very quick. I may be getting one for the wife. And yes with the auto tranny they do take off very hard. Not as fast as my modded TT Porsche but a lot quicker than my 03 KB Cobra with street skins. Oh... by the way, good kill Captain!!!

Fourcam330

Established Member
E55s are 3Vs, and do not respond to mods like GT500s. GT500s easily make more power. TQ is fairly close, until serious mods start.

Almo

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
E55s are 3Vs, and do not respond to mods like GT500s. GT500s easily make more power. TQ is fairly close, until serious mods start.

Sure they do!! Maybe not HP to HP seeing how it’s a 3V to a 4V but they are very very similar.

This of course doesn't mean doing something to the GT500 you can't to the 55. Things are much more expensive to do as well. TB for the 55s are something like $1500, can't remember for sure. Hell the TB alone can give the 55s 25 to 30 more RWHP. :shrug:

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the e55 weighs in 3850lbs without driver? i always thought they were above 4000lbs?

:lol: Why does it always seem you are where Fourcam330 is?

And where do you get GT500s weighing 3850?

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
JWC said:
I just test drove an E55 AMG they are very nice cars and very quick. I may be getting one for the wife. And yes with the auto tranny they do take off very hard. Not as fast as my modded TT Porsche but a lot quicker than my 03 KB Cobra with street skins. Oh... by the way, good kill Captain!!!

Nice... I envy the wife. :-D

I am considering buying one as well. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread