03 Sonic Coupe for sale

Svts

Established Member
You know Stiegemeier! Always a new "stage" All I know is that's their latest port job. I don't think that's a low number. 100 hp over stock. My tune is pretty safe too. I think your numbers might be a bit high but what do I know. The car runs good with no driveability problems so I'm happy.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
My intake, 2.76 pulley, tune, and exhaust car made 460 rwhp. I'd think almost any ported blower should be making around 500, if not more. :shrug:

cobrakon

Established Member
What is the elevation where the car was dynoed? Do you have any engine bay pictures?

cmnorman

Established Member
My intake, 2.76 pulley, tune, and exhaust car made 460 rwhp. I'd think almost any ported blower should be making around 500, if not more. :shrug:

mine with intake, pulley, exhaust and tune made 473 and most of the ported blower numbers I have seen have been at least 500 as well.

cobrakon

Established Member
The higher the elevation the lower your car will dyno. Horsepower numbers can also vary depending on the dyno.

markw351

Established Member
I dont know how accurate some of the calculators you find online are but I put in your horsepower and elevation and it calculated about a 36hp loss compared to sealevel. So if that is the case, at sealevel you'd be about what's expected.

Svts

Established Member
Unfortunately our state law requires the front plate and they are pretty strict about it. The original owner put it on.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Timing and fuel maybe a restrictive exhaust. Most will tune a ported eaton with 11.8 A/F and 20 degrees of timing on 93 octane. You should put down 480-500 but lots of variables weather dyno etc.

Svts

Established Member
I think I am going to adjust the tune a bit and go from there. I like how the car runs though. I am going to make a recording of the timing and see what its doing. I am guessing its pretty safe on the timing too. I dont have any access to 93 octane gas which could be why its down on power. The tuner is set to 91 octane only.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
What sort of dyno and correction? Makes a difference. If it was on a Mustang Dyno, your gold considering elevation and 91 oct. If it's Dynojet, you are maybe a little low, even considering 91oct and thin air.

Svts

Established Member
It was a Dynojet with SAE correction. I still think it's a bit too rich. It runs very strong and I know it's not going to melt down a piston. I drove it tonight and played with my buddies bolt on 2V GT and I left him in the dust like he was sitting still.

wreckit

Established Member
There any updates with the cobra?
If you werent so far up north i would be at your door step.

Users who are viewing this thread