03 Stock cylinder heads, 2 different types??

SonicSnake84

Established Member
So this may be a dumb question, and I have spent some time searching but havent found anything conclusive. I have heard in the past that the 03 cobras depending on the production date came with different heads. Not sure what exactly was different about them but I am trying to find out if this is true and what exactly the differences are and which heads my 03 has. Thanks for any/all help and info.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
The difference is the non-revised are 4 thread spark plug hole, revised are 9 thread; with better cooling capacity. The added cooling capacity protects against the head tick experienced in the early models.

There's is more technical mumbo-jumbo out there, but in short that's the easiest answer.

SonicSnake84

Established Member
Awesome thanks!! I have blue paint on my driver side head. But cant see the casting numbers. Im gonna try to figure it out at work tomorrow if we are slow. Thanks for the info!!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I saw my castin numbers while everything was installed. You just have to find the right angle. And read the link I posted, blue paint doesn't mean anything.

SonicSnake84

Established Member
So it looks like I have the updated drivers side head!! "DA" on the drivers side and "AG" on the passenger side. Hoping that's a good thing.. haha..

Users who are viewing this thread