'04 clutch questions.

Orleans04

Established Member
Hey guys,

Just hit 10k miles on my ride, and think I am starting to have clutch issues. Couple questions. There was a time or two I had to really stand on the clutch to get it to shift into reverse and 1st. But it became noticeable difficult to switch into all the gears today. These cars clutchs known to give out this early? I haven't had 'er at the drag strip since Ive bought it. Its a daily driver, and yes... I do like to stomp it, more than occasionally. In town and on the highways. So I would say the clutch has had its work out, but 10k miles?

Im taking it to the dealer in the morning. This something I should look to just get an adjustment, or ya think they'll replace the whole thing?

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
10,000 miles would be a bit premature for the clutch to give out for "normal" driving. It obviously depends on how hard you are on it. For what it's worth, I only had 8K miles on my Cobra and it was difficult at times to get into 1st gear and reverse. Just occasionally. Your dealer should check your clutch out thoroughly and let you know what they need to do. Let's hope your dealer won't just do a casual inspection and tell you it's "normal". LOL! Best of luck!

Orleans04

Established Member
THanks Bob. BTW, what would it cost me to get an MGW and your gasket shipped? I doubt I would be able to install...what would I expect to spend on install costs?

addicted2boost

Established Member
i bet u could do it. All you have to do is follow the highly detailed instructions that come with the shifter. It is really easy and the feeling of knowing you did it yourself is one like no other.

Users who are viewing this thread