04 Cobra and Subaru BRZ

Maverick-4

Established Member
A buddy of mine just got himself a BRZ, he has bolt on's, rear seat delete and roll cage. I really like the way the car looks, it handles great too but it seems like it's lacking some real power, or is just me?

I hope they eventually make a turbo version of it. Anyways I took a few pics of our cars, here are two of them :)

DSC_0696_zps2e4b57da.jpg

DSC_0703copy_zps99cf1e78.jpg

Comp281

Established Member
Agreed. The BRZ is a nice car but it will really make an impression if/when they put some power in it. It is great that they produced a rwd car though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that it definitely needs some muscle under the hood. Good looking car, though.

testorossa1989

Established Member
If you expect to pay their astronomical prices i hope you plan on installing a turbo. If they had 400bhp i feel the car would be more enjoyable but with the sticker price on it now i could only imagine what a forced induction version would set the buyer back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHHSi3hQwlQ

I cant deny they drift very very well. When you boil it down its a enthusiast car and if anyone thinks they actually "Handle" is completely off their rocker lol. Its a enthusiast drift car and it stays at that

Last edited:

gwalker

Established Member
Are these the same car as a scion frs? I drove a scion and thought it was def underpowered.

Last edited:

Maverick-4

Established Member
Yea I thought it was odd about the cage too. He bought it used with 5K miles, I don't get that either, some one bought it drop in all this bolt on's, recaro seats, and then its back at the dealer? weird both me and my friend were wondering why first owner only had it for such a short period of time.

I was very excited about the car since I was at the LA auto show when they introduced it but I was disappointed when I took it for a spin, I mean common my 2000 v6 mustang feels way faster than it lol

Are these the same car as a scion frs? I drove a scion and thought it was def underpowered.

Yep, Toyota and Subaru developed it together, small styling differences but same engine on both. Here one last pic

DSC_0701_zps781e3a61.jpg

Last edited:

prs97

Established Member
My wife just bought an FRS and loves it. She's had boring econo-blobs to drive for far too long so she treated herself to something sporty.

It's a fun car to drive. Not the brutal power of the Terminator but fun nonetheless.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread