04 cobra help. Car running weird - Video

jrandy

Established Member
My neighbor had a 2004 cobra that just started running like crap. He called me a few days ago to check it out and i just got over there. He has a 2.76, tune, and exhaust. The car has been driving fine for about 8 months, then just started this.

- The car drives under normal load just fine.
- Car idles fine (but seems to have an occasional slight miss while warming up).
- There are no error codes.
- While WOT, the supercharger sounds like it struggles and surges
- Only showing about 12 lbs of boost (has a 2.76).
- The car has very little power, my stock 03 cobra is much faster currently

Please see video below to hear the blower.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62Y3o5TCoc"]YouTube - 2011 01 18 13 32 58 125[/nomedia]

Mods feel free to move if in incorrect section.

Fat-cat

Established Member
Yup sounds like burnt or fouled plugs. My buddies Eaton car was making a similar noise and the plugs where fouled due to wet coil packs. Pull them and replace and it report back. Cheep and quick thing to check for sure.

va boy

Established Member
PLUGS, mine did the same thing, only a worse. I had just bought the car and found the plugs to gapped at around .060!
Let us know what you find out.

jrandy

Established Member
we pulled the plugs tonight and they seemed to be alright. he is going to replace them tomorrow and hopefully that will solve the issue.

on a side note, we found a few of the plugs to be loose.... inspired me to check mine out tomorrow too.

jrandy

Established Member
Replaced all plugs and the problem persisted. Changed the cops to factory and runs like new. Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread