04 cobra kenne bell 2.2l

ttype69

Established Member
Check out my dyno pull car made 546 rwhp and 451 ft lb on 19.4. Its got a safe street tune.

Also please subscribe to my youtube page

[youtube_browser]i-YJn_qZMhc&feature[/youtube_browser]

Mystic03

Established Member
should have went 17# and had it a safe tune you would put down A LOT more numbers lol

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Check out my dyno pull car made 546 rwhp and 451 ft lb on 19.4. Its got a safe street tune.

Also please subscribe to my youtube page

[youtube_browser]i-YJn_qZMhc&feature[/youtube_browser]

19.4 what? Lbs of boost? Timing?
What Octane?

More details required.

ttype69

Established Member
It was supposed to be 17 pounds its only a 2.93 pully with stock lower. I dont know the timing details he just said he set it to be safe for street driving. Its only 93 octane. It was tuned at hutter perfomance in chardon.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
That power at 17 lbs seems a bit weak still. I guess he could have the timing backed way off and dumping a load of fuel but why not tune it closer to 12.5 AFR with only 15 lbs and decent timing and make the same power? Seems like there is a lot to be had and still be safe.

What was the AFR by the way?

ViciousJay

Established Member
2.93 and that's all you made?? Is your clutch slipping? I've seen brand new whip plea with 3.1 pullies toss down 600 to the wheels with a safe tune

SN95N/A

Established Member
Id say thats prolly pretty close on a safe tune and on a mustang dyno,yes it could make more power but you obviously want to keep it safe as stated.

ttype69

Established Member
Id say thats prolly pretty close on a safe tune and on a mustang dyno,yes it could make more power but you obviously want to keep it safe as stated.

That is true I was not going after a big hp number.They could have sat there all day and messed with timing and iced the blower and did 20 pulls to get my a higher number but why....... I said I want it to be safe for me to enjoy and that is what they did.

Fast Willy

Established Member
Post a pic of the graph and a/f if you have one, that seems super lower for that boost level. It would actually be safer for you to make those numbers a little more of an aggressive tune on a lower boost level.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
That power at 17 lbs seems a bit weak still. I guess he could have the timing backed way off and dumping a load of fuel but why not tune it closer to 12.5 AFR with only 15 lbs and decent timing and make the same power? Seems like there is a lot to be had and still be safe.

What was the AFR by the way?

Yikes! Tune closer to 12.5 AFR?? Too lean for a supercharged car...

03cobra5485

Established Member
not to bump 3 month old thread, but my 2.2 only put down 550rwhp. He set the timing at like 15-16 degrees because he wanted a "safe conservative" tune. I am running a 2.76 pulley at about 17-18 lbs of boost. His reasoning was "that's too much boost for a cobra motor, they came stock with around 8 lbs for a reason". Clearly once he said that i started saving for a tune from another business.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How are you liking it on the street after your tune? I'll bet you're very happy.

Mystic03

Established Member
not to bump 3 month old thread, but my 2.2 only put down 550rwhp. He set the timing at like 15-16 degrees because he wanted a "safe conservative" tune. I am running a 2.76 pulley at about 17-18 lbs of boost. His reasoning was "that's too much boost for a cobra motor, they came stock with around 8 lbs for a reason". Clearly once he said that i started saving for a tune from another business.

good call! i put down 622/551 on 91oct at 17lbs

Users who are viewing this thread