04 cobra. No power at all.

patc84

Established Member
Car drove fine. No issues at all. Stopped shut it off, went to start up again. Absolutely nothing. First thought battery, replaced same result. Had to have towed home. Removed battery. Saw the battery harness burnt in some areas. Figured this would be a starting point unless advised differently. Did not bother checking fuses yet. Have 2 Keys as well same result with either key. Ford discontinued harness very conveniently. Any help advise would be great!

Thanks

Pat

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

patc84

Established Member
IMG_8569.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Depending how handy you are, carefully pull apart and splice. If you have time, look for a used harness.

patc84

Established Member
Possibly could have been acid from battery. Prev battery. No issues since installing prev battery.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

hotcobra03

Established Member
Fixable

My battery has also rubbed their

Might want to make sure the tray hasn’t cracked where bolts hold it.

Or harness may have been moved and not put back proper and that caused it to rub

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Cant really see all the wire colors but it looks like some of your alternator wiring judging by that green/red one. I would open that harness up some and get a positive I.D. on what/where those wires go and affect.

Depending on which wires are not connected anymore and or grounded out would give you the symptom you described. I had wiring issues with my charging system (battery +/-, chassis/engine grounds and alternator signal wires) and could not find any prebuilt replacement harnesses, had to build/rewire my own. Hope you find a replacement and if not feel free to reach out if you need help rewiring what you got.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180717-211800_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20180717-211800_Drive.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 211

patc84

Established Member
Cant really see all the wire colors but it looks like some of your alternator wiring judging by that green/red one. I would open that harness up some and get a positive I.D. on what/where those wires go and affect.

Depending on which wires are not connected anymore and or grounded out would give you the symptom you described. I had wiring issues with my charging system (battery +/-, chassis/engine grounds and alternator signal wires) and could not find any prebuilt replacement harnesses, had to build/rewire my own. Hope you find a replacement and if not feel free to reach out if you need help rewiring what you got.

Hey Jay,
I appreciate the response. I found a harness, it gets here today, and will be installing tomorrow. Im hoping for a simple straight forward install. I will open up harness after replacing it. Will post some pics of the carnage.

Pat

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Where were you able to find your harness from, I still have some grounds to clean up (all the small ones on the radiator support) and would an OEM solution.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, good find on that harness by the way. That dude has alot of wiring available.

patc84

Established Member
Thanks, i was getting extremely nervous once i found out harness was discontinued from ford.

Yes, good selection of alot of stuff, ford doesnt make anymore.

pat

Users who are viewing this thread