04 Cobra stroker power predictions

buster1

Established Member
:shrug:Hey guys , i have an MMR 950 stroker (302) with ported heads , stage 2 comp cams , 2.4 K.B at 18lbs , single blade tb , 2800 maf , 60lb inj , twin gt pumps , dual fpdm's , fore hat , 8an line , CPR rails , fipk2 , slp longtubes and high flow catted x with magnaflow catback , NGK IX7 plugs at .032 with weapon x coils , labonte programable water meth at 50-50 mixture (post blower spraying through 3 nozzles upwards towards the intercooler) coming on at 9lbs and progressive (looks at boost and inj duty cycle) up to full boost . I'm hoping for 700 rwhp and close to that in rwtq . Am I dreaming ?

Last edited:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
strokers add next to no horsepower without adding boost to compensate for the boost loss, same as ported heads. It's the same amount of air going into the motor either way by the supercharger. The real question is 18lb pulley or probably about 24lb pulleys showing 18 on a gauge? If pullied for 24lbs I'm going to guess 675rwhp on stock compression. If it's an 18lb pulley 620rwhp

Last edited:

buster1

Established Member
04 Cobra power predictions

strokers add next to no horsepower without adding boost to compensate for the boost loss, same as ported heads. It's the same amount of air going into the motor either way by the supercharger. The real question is 18lb pulley or probably about 24lb pulleys showing 18 on a gauge? If pullied for 24lbs I'm going to guess 675rwhp on stock compression. If it's an 18lb pulley 620rwhp

It is pullied for 21 , but due to the mods is seeing 18 on the guage (a decent gauge not stock), but with the water meth tune with 94 octane the tuner should be able to maximize the timing , I'll be happy with 675 or so .

GodStang

Established Member
675 if you are lucky. I know a few dynos you could run on to get the 700 but in all reality you will be around 650-675 if you are stock compression.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
Strokers definitely add torque, as the crankshaft rod throw being farther away from the main journals applies more leverage on each power cycle. They can't NOT add power, as power is calculated from torque [p=w/t]

horsepower sells cars. torque wins races.

EVO ETR03

Topless
Established Member
a lot of people who have done strokers have made no gains worth the cost of the stroker............. keep it same displacement and add more boost.....save the extra cash

Stupercharged

Established Member
it seems to me that a bigger motor (i.e. stroker motor) with the same boost psi as a smaller motor (i.e. 4.6L stock motor) would make more power?

theres no replacement for displacement right?! haha :burnout:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
it seems to me that a bigger motor (i.e. stroker motor) with the same boost psi as a smaller motor (i.e. 4.6L stock motor) would make more power?

theres no replacement for displacement right?! haha :burnout:

you are correct, but you have to realize that to get the same boost on both motor assuming the supercharger is the same requires it to be spun differently. Then you have to factor in the size of the supercharger, it's efficiency range, and maximum blower rpm. It's an intake, it can gain or limit power no matter what the motor size is. You gain torque and lose boost, you haven't gained any intake, hence the little to no hp gain. Pulley it for 2-3 more lbs(the amount you lost) at around 15hp per pound of boost and you have your magic hp gain that would be similar to the gain that it would be on an na motor(40-50hp). All of this also assumes that octane and iat's are still at appropriate levels.

Last edited:

Stupercharged

Established Member
well hes only running 18psi right now so im assuming its pullied for like 21psi so if he pullied it for 24psi hed be right there and he has water meth injection so his iat2s should be fine

Users who are viewing this thread