04 cobra/tune

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Well, you are richer than 14.64, but you still may be around 13.0 or so, which is still very lean for these cars. There is just no way to tell without wideband.

rexisme

Established Member
will i be fine driving around like this till Oct. 8th? that is when i am trying to get a tune scheduled in. With work and weddings that i ahve to go to over the next two weeks, that is the earliest i can get one. That and the fact i get paid again and i just had to buy 4 new tires because some asshat tried to slice em up at a bar.

liedenfrost

Established Member
You do not necessarily have to get a tune on the car or buy an SCT tuner. Your car may be tuned perfectly and there is probably no need to get a tune. Just get the car checked out to make sure the tune is good. Like we were saying...about $100 to get the tune checked. If I had money to bet, I'd bet that your car is fine, but just keep it out of boost until you get the air/fuel ratio checked at a dyno shop.
There are a couple of shops here in Indy that can help you out and check the tune.

MustangThief

Established Member
rexisme said:
Alright, so this is all normal? the car performs amazing. It has a a/f gauge, its a autometer, it doesnt have the digital read out on it. However, when the car is running normal it is like a tach, it stops off in "stoich" and when its floored it goes to "rich". I wouldnt imagine that a guy would go through the hassle and keep this car immaculate w/ 9k miles on it, dvd player, all these other expensive parts on it, and not get the car tuned. I've contacted pauls hp and they want 385 for the custom tune, 150 per hour for tuning @ 2 hours, and then the price of the sct.

Replace the A/F gauge with a wideband A/F gauge.

Narrowband A/F gauges are about as useful as an empty bank account.

Users who are viewing this thread