04 Cobra vs. Turbo Civic

B0B

Established Member
i wonder what all was done to the cobra. bolt-ons? that honda was screaming, sounded like at least 10k rpm

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
lol no shit, trailered econobox honda will beat a bolton cobra. Id like to see a trailered cobra race that trailered honda.

Run what you brung, cobra didnt bring/have enough.

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
Supposedly the cobra had issues running...he got home and said he had five bad spark plugs and is looking for a rematch..

They are both members of a local forum and spoke in length ...the cobra owner is still not giving any live excuses and accepts the loss...

I think he is a member on here...Lethal03

It's just your average pulleyd and bolt on cobra....

Last edited:

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
lol no shit, trailered econobox honda will beat a bolton cobra. Id like to see a trailered cobra race that trailered honda.

Run what you brung, cobra didnt bring/have enough.

Both cars were supposedly trailered in though. They just didnt show the cobra on the trailer. :beer:

Fair and square.. the cobra lost. But you win and loose, but live to race another day :lol:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Both cars were supposedly trailered in though. They just didnt show the cobra on the trailer. :beer:

Fair and square.. the cobra lost. But you win and loose, but live to race another day :lol:
:bored: I should have edited my trailer statement, when I say trailer i specifically mean a turbo'd or procharged or whipple or kb, no interior, slicks in the back-skinnies front, almost-if-not fully 1/4mile prepped drag car.
I knew watching the video this was a bolt on Cobra w/ eaton. :bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:

Honestly if I was going into a race where $500 is on the line, I better have the fastest eaton in the country at MINIMUM. And a turbo/TS/procharged 9sec or even 8sec (just to be safe) car.
Those honda guys took his money because they knew they could beat a bolt on cobra.

:burnout:

Paulinator

Established Member
cobra did not sound healthy, but come on a $500 dollar race and you dont replace plugs, change oil, and belts to ensure there will be no mechanical failure???

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
:bored: I should have edited my trailer statement, when I say trailer i specifically mean a turbo'd or procharged or whipple or kb, no interior, slicks in the back-skinnies front, almost-if-not fully 1/4mile prepped drag car.
I knew watching the video this was a bolt on Cobra w/ eaton. :bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:

Honestly if I was going into a race where $500 is on the line, I better have the fastest eaton in the country at MINIMUM. And a turbo/TS/procharged 9sec or even 8sec (just to be safe) car.
Those honda guys took his money because they knew they could beat a bolt on cobra.

:burnout:

Guys with 8 and 9 sec cars don't race for $500....

Dragu1a

Established Member
just pulley/bolt on cobra? they're quick, but if you're going to be throwing down a few hundo's you should at LEAST be ported...looks like he underestimated the honda. that shit happens though. bet he's more prepared next time.

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
Both cars were slow as **** and deserve to be no where near a trailor in the first place....

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Really? You know for a fact people with 9 sec cars or faster don't street race for $500 or any given amount of $$$?
:read:

Hell, I raced on the street for the fun of it (never sprayed on the street though.) Never have I raced for cash. I don't see the point.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Both cars were slow as **** and deserve to be no where near a trailor in the first place....

Heres the thing about trailering a car, sometimes it's not because the car is so fast it's unstreetable. If you bring a trailer and you break, you still have a ride home. I trailer all my cars to the track, even my driver cobra. I don't know why people act like if it's on a trailer it must be fast, it just makes sense to use it if you got it. Btw that civic was getting it. No hook still walking the cobra.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
That first launch was pathetic but damn if I didnt think the cobra had the second race.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
For $500, I was hoping for faster cars.

No surprise that a 6262'd anything would walk a bolt on Terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread