04 Cobra vs. Turbo Civic

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
The second race was pretty good. Why can't anyone do a burnout without a pit crew to hold their car?

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
The cobra guy let the money slip out of his hands...c'mon slicks in the back and you dont launch harder than that? I dont know all the variables, but from my bench racing skills that seemed pretty weak.

sam92lx

SVTP Rump Ranger
Established Member
The cobra guy let the money slip out of his hands...c'mon slicks in the back and you dont launch harder than that? I dont know all the variables, but from my bench racing skills that seemed pretty weak.

Problem is on a unprepped street and john force burnout, you be racing on "slicks" literally. They get slick and you'll spin your ass off.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
No matter how fast I will never give credit to the ugly shit civics like that. Having a fast car means nothing when your car is an embarrassment to drive lol. I never understood the ideology behind buying a piece of shit and making it fast. I'd rather lose the race and go home with a nice car (cobra), than win and go home with a crap box looking car that a 15 year old would buy for $1000. Also was I the only one that didn't hear the supercharger?

IShb3w

Established Member
I knew as soon as I saw the cobra do that first pre-race launch that he was going to lose. Car looked slow. A bolt on/pulley cobra puts down around the 450 range. A civic with a turbo will make 300 or so. A car making 450 that weighs ~3800 vs a car that makes 300 weighing ~2500 is gonna lose. Granted the FWD vs RWD comes into play some, but that Cobra was DUMB for betting 500 on that race. Should have been a fun run instead and walked away without losing anything. I never race for money because I race for fun, and for also the fact that you never know what the other guy might have up his sleeve. Not worth it. I won't even comment on the drama afterwards because I shouldn't have to.

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
I knew as soon as I saw the cobra do that first pre-race launch that he was going to lose. Car looked slow. A bolt on/pulley cobra puts down around the 450 range. A civic with a turbo will make 300 or so. A car making 450 that weighs ~3800 vs a car that makes 300 weighing ~2500 is gonna lose. Granted the FWD vs RWD comes into play some, but that Cobra was DUMB for betting 500 on that race. Should have been a fun run instead and walked away without losing anything. I never race for money because I race for fun, and for also the fact that you never know what the other guy might have up his sleeve. Not worth it. I won't even comment on the drama afterwards because I shouldn't have to.

You really think that civic was only putting down 300whp??

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
The very first pass the cobra makes by himself, where is the blower whine? I don't hear any?

Actually, I don't hear any blower whine... At all , through the whole video?

Actually if you listen with headphones you barely hear the whine but it's there. You just have to listen to the car really carefully.

That's why I'm saying he is running whipple. Whipple's are really quite at low boost. On the other hand a eaton can be heard from a mile away, especially a ported eaton. just my .02 cent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread