04 mach 1 Stalling during neutral roll

o4Mach1

Established Member
Hey guys. I check this forum out a lot and never post but ive had a problem with my mach for awhile that i need advice on.

Whenever i put my car into neutral while rolling the rpms drop to 1k and then drop more and it stalls. it idles in neutral fine. Car is 04 mach 1 with LT headers, catless H pipe, 410 gears, K&N CAI, And is tuned. 60k miles

anyone have this issue?

o4Mach1

Established Member
I Bought it with the K&N and had it tuned with It on but i forgot to tell my tuner about the stalling issue. Im gonna see if my maf has the screen. thanks for the read

o4Mach1

Established Member
looked today and i Do not have the MAF screen. going to head up to the dealership today and see if they carry it

VA-Mach1

Established Member
I have read in other threads with this issue that it can happen if you remove the MAF screen.

NastyNate420

Established Member
yeah happened to me K&N CAI ....I put the screen in never had a problem in 5 years. dealer tried saying it was IAC and then TPS. Screen fixed it. ...supposed to straighten out the air to give the Maf a more accurate reading.

BLKFOX

Established Member
I had a problem with the tune on my Mach 1 after I put the LT's on. If I was cruising and dropped it into neutral, the rpm's dropped low enough, and made it stall a few times. I had the tune re-written and it was good to go.

o4Mach1

Established Member
update on this thread for future readers with this problem, i put the Maf screen in and it fixed the problem entirely.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks for the update.

the K&N kit I had was an early run that had no way to use the MAF screen but tune adjustments fixed it

Users who are viewing this thread