04 Mach using MAC LTs oil consumption Question

CJ04GT

04 Oxford White Mach 1
Established Member
Ok so I know this is a termi thread but I figured same motor why not ask..

Ive got mac longtube headers on my 04 mach and Its been burning a lot of oil. Evreything ive read on is telling me that these can cause the valve seals to go bad and also cause the motor to burn oil? Anyone have this issue? Maybe I should switch to kooks or another brand? Looking for anyones input if they may have heard or had the issue. Car only has 64k miles on the motor...

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Ok so I know this is a termi thread but I figured same motor why not ask..

Ive got mac longtube headers on my 04 mach and Its been burning a lot of oil. Evreything ive read on is telling me that these can cause the valve seals to go bad and also cause the motor to burn oil? Anyone have this issue? Maybe I should switch to kooks or another brand? Looking for anyones input if they may have heard or had the issue. Car only has 64k miles on the motor...

Not sure where you heard that but there is no truth to it. If your valve seals were bad you would have a lot of blue smoke on start up. Are you noticing a lot fo smoke on start ups? A compression test and leak down would probably be the best places to start for the cause of your oil consumption.

CJ04GT

04 Oxford White Mach 1
Established Member
Riddick thanks for your response and it is not so much start up as apposed to after it idles for a miniute im noticing a lot more... My guess is valve seals or piston rings trying to have it looked at tomorrow. Its not blue smoke its white and smells like burning oil. Really hoping its not a huge problem.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I agree doing a compression test..

Look at plugs good..there are seals on cover that leak oil into plug..than it gets into cyl

Users who are viewing this thread