04 Mystichrome or 2013 GT500

CobraKid04

Established Member
I vote keep the 04 and add a KB/whipple and some e85. She will make a cool 650rwhp and tq. I mean how much do you need on the street. I had a hard time putting down 460rwhp when I had my cobra.

It will be a beast and a classic at the same time. Even if a 13 pulls up next to you, you still have the car that started it all.

Keep the rest of the money and live real nice.

Svt Fox

Established Member
I vote keep the 04 and add a KB/whipple and some e85. She will make a cool 650rwhp and tq. I mean how much do you need on the street. I had a hard time putting down 460rwhp when I had my cobra.

It will be a beast and a classic at the same time. Even if a 13 pulls up next to you, you still have the car that started it all.

Keep the rest of the money and live real nice.

This.

mike69440

Established Member

Even a mild KB or Whipple with supporting mods a good pump gas tune is good for a safe +550 RWHP, so there is no advantage in a pull through a single gear.

Cobra is a classic, but advatage to the 2013 in:

1. Areodynamics (03 will go airborne at +175)
2. Motor capable of sustainded loading for pull to 200 MPH and track curcuit use. Better cooling and pistons.
3. Stronger clutch.
4. Transmission/entire drivetrain stronger with better gearing and shifting. All in all 2013 will be a bit faster accelerating and 1/4 miler for same power.
5. Major brake upgrade.
6. Smooth track better handling and ride, queiter.
7. Overall Build Quality, Technology.
8. Nicer interior.
9. Nothing like that new car smell.

Keep the Cobra , mod it to suite and save for the 2015!

Neos281

Speedlab
Established Member
Not really sure what you mean by "far fetched". That usually means it's a reach and not realistic. My options are very realistic and obtainable. I either keep what I have, and mod it some more, or sell it, and use that as a down payment on a 2013, and start building off a newer, better platform.

Thanks for all the opinions guys, I do appreciate it. I'm still debating in my head. I get what some of you are saying about wait, but at the same time, I've always been a person who if I want it, I try to get it when I can. Life is full of too many uncertanties, and who knows, if I wait a year, maybe by then I won't even be able to afford it for some odd reason or another. :shrug: I dunno, but it's a thought right?

Thanks again everyone. You guys rock. :rockon:

Op, life is short and all you really have is today so get what you want. Keep in mind that you are getting rid of a (very desirable) car that you care so much for that you decided to make a poll-thread.

It appears you already have the mystichrome posted. GLWS

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
Cobra is a classic, but advatage to the 2013 in:

1. Areodynamics (03 will go airborne at +175)
2. Motor capable of sustainded loading for pull to 200 MPH and track curcuit use. Better cooling and pistons.

Hmm, don't know about the airborne comment mike, she didn't seem to fly at 179!

But I do agree that I have been very careful with doing any multiple high speed pulls. It was scary enough going full throttle in 6th!

I love autobahn!
DSC_0165.jpg

dungando

I'm new on here but I am having the same question. I am thinking back to my 98' svt cobra vert. I really miss that car so I am thinking I will wait and buy a used 2013 gt500 and keep both of them. They will look nice parked next to the 55' F100.

Dubstang

Established Member
Wait until the Summer of 2014. The hype will have died down with the '15's out (assuming they are) and the values on the '13's and '14's will drop significantly. Enjoy your car until then and save like crazy so maybe you can afford both. That's what I'm doing with my '08. I have put a ****ton of money into it, love it and want both, but right now, the cost of the '13 is prohibitive, especially here in N. CA.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I don't know why this thread was bumped, but my 04 is already sold, and my 13 is already on order lol.

But thanks to everyone that replied.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Keep your '04 and be patient on the GT500. Wait a year or 2 when the '13-'14's are more likely to be available around dealer invoice. A '13 base GT500 invoices at $49,500.

2Sharpie

Established Member
Honestly I would wait just another 18 or so months until we see what the next gen 2015 GT500 has in store before I made a decision. There is still so much more tech Ford is capable of putting into the next gen. It could have the coyotes Ti-VCT, e85 Flex fuel, IRS, lighter weight, optional dual clutch auto, new looks, etc.

Gotta agree with BigDan here. As much as I love my '10 GT500 and the Termis.....I'd have to wait to see what the next gen is going to be. Completely brand new car from the bottom up, with tons of power and less weight!

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I don't know why this thread was bumped, but my 04 is already sold, and my 13 is already on order lol.

But thanks to everyone that replied.

Keep your '04 and be patient on the GT500. Wait a year or 2 when the '13-'14's are more likely to be available around dealer invoice. A '13 base GT500 invoices at $49,500.

LOL guess this answers my question as to why the thread got bumped.

After you read my initial post, even my signature says it's already sold. :poke:

goodwin74

Established Member
I wish i would have known you were sellling this earlier. I would have taken this off your hands in a heartbeat. the terminators are destined to be a collectors item especially in your color. those things are so responsive to power adders and the looks are so menacing. Congrats on the 13. I'm debating selling my 11GT500 for one.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Keep the 04. Better looking car & you'll regret selling it down the road. You're gonna get everyone telling u 2013 though cause u posted in the 2013 thread.

Someone is on crack!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::poke:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Gotta agree with BigDan here. As much as I love my '10 GT500 and the Termis.....I'd have to wait to see what the next gen is going to be. Completely brand new car from the bottom up, with tons of power and less weight!

So is Ford making a GT500 in '15 or are they going not offer it for 2 years (until '17)? Much like they did with the gap between the '04 Cobra and '07 GT500.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I wish i would have known you were sellling this earlier. I would have taken this off your hands in a heartbeat. the terminators are destined to be a collectors item especially in your color. those things are so responsive to power adders and the looks are so menacing. Congrats on the 13. I'm debating selling my 11GT500 for one.

Collector cars huh? How do you figure? The word "collector" and "Terminator" will never be in the same sentence, and Ford never built them for that.

Boss3o2

Established Member
Keep the 04. Better looking car & you'll regret selling it down the road. You're gonna get everyone telling u 2013 though cause u posted in the 2013 thread.

Better looking car? Are you serious? LOL. Looks are subjective, but I think most will agree the 13 is far ahead with looks, compared to the 04. :beer:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Better looking car? Are you serious? LOL. Looks are subjective, but I think most will agree the 13 is far ahead with looks, compared to the 04. :beer:

I like the looks of the '13 GT500 but I love the looks of my Cobra. Looks are indeed subjective. I just love the mean look the Terminators have.

Users who are viewing this thread