'04 Pulling to the right

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
My 03 Cobra pulled to the right almost from day 1 and just got worse with time, I assumed it was an alignment problem but I just put new tires on recently and it straightened it right out so it could be a tire problem.

jmos01

Pulling to tha Right L. Owners.

A Silver 00, perfect, basic mods, 10,200 mile Lightning, stolen from Ford dealer at 1:p.m. neverto be seen again. In for basic repair of common flaws, one of which was pulling to the right.

Silver 01, moded a bit more, pulls to the right. At 32,000 miles, (and 2 sets of Good Years) I am informed by dealer, after a week in service, they can't perform the wheel alignment I requested. I could have left it with Ford and paid them $185.00 (not including , alignment fee) to install cambolts or not. NOT!
Napa sells a reasonable Camber Bolt Set. Insstall time at home, 40 minutes. Lightning's, in way too many cases, are not built in adjustable alignment. I would be surprized if any Lightning owner ,with warranty repaired alignment, didn't have cambolts installed in thier trucks. Cambolts appear to due the job. About 15K miles and front tires still wearing evenly.

Twisted99

Established Member
Ford used to install camber kits and do free alignments on trucks with less than 6000 miles...no reason they should not do it on 03's...

Plus fix the lower drivers side A-arm slop nut...or tack weld it after an alignment...All L's suffer from these maladys....

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
My '03 pulls to the right too. Really bad when braking, not as bad on easy street light takeoffs. Funny thing is, going down the highway it tracks straight as an arrow. Might be time to call dad and have him take it in for me since I'm still stuck in Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread