'04 Pulling to the right

HiPoCP

Established Member
It actually pisses me off. Everything is fine until I get in it and feel it pull slightly. I guess I should say screw it and forget about it.

]UBC[ CCC

Established Member
just bought my '04 lightning about 3 weeks ago and it also pulls to the right... I have an appt. for tomorrow morning to have them look at it and i assume get the front end aligned before i kill my $200 tires:(

Triton

Established Member
My 00 pulled also ,,, allthough i think it was to the left.... any way did >> 2 << alignments on it and still did it..:bash: turns out it was a bad tire....

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
Originally posted by HiPoCP
It actually pisses me off. Everything is fine until I get in it and feel it pull slightly. I guess I should say screw it and forget about it.

Don't do that! Have you checked your air pressure? A low front tire will cause it to pull. If that's not it, go get it aligned. Like LL said, if it pulls it can eat up tires in no time at all. I've also noticed that my truck will pull some due to the way some (most) roads are pitched/sloped for drainage, probably 'cause of the wide tires. But that wouldn't cause it to always pull to the right. Anyway, hope you fugure it out.:thumbsup:

]UBC[ CCC

Established Member
i took my '04 L(1600miles) back to the dealership this morning and told them it was pulling to the right.. they took a look at it and said they had to replace the control arms on the front... they said they have had lightnings in the past with the same problem, replaced the control arms and problem solved..

they had to order the new ones, they wont be in for a week... once i get them replaced i will keep yall updated..

Last edited:

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
Originally posted by LightningForce9
Its most likely the good years. I got new nittos on and straightened my alignment out. But before it puleed to the right also on my 00

Do you remember if the inside edge of the right side tire was worn? If it was, it is out of alignment and will do the same thing to your new Nittos. I don't know of anything other than uneven wear that would cause a tire to pull, and uneven wear is caused by improper alignment (or psi). Just a word to the wise. Keep an eye on the inside edge of your new tires just to be sure.:thumbsup:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
That sucks.

I had a problem with the LEFT front control arm on my 2003 L.

Took it back to the dealer for work after I heard the front end emit a big CLUNK noise .... the left front tire had a noticeable wobble.

Be damned if it wasn't six months old when this happened. I bought the truck with only 16 miles on it.

The problem was broken bolts on the control arm ( how the hell did THAT happen...?), but the roads in Fairfax County, Virginia, aren't that bad, and I don't recall hitting any chuckholes in the street.:fm:

Needless to say, the control arm bolts weren't in stock and it took 2 days for them to replace ... meanwhile, I drove a girlfriend's 1994 BMW 325i coupe for a day....whatta drop in performance from the Lightning.

....and , yes, I'm still pissed. Sounds like lousy quality control to me.:fm:

tweetersvt

Established Member
Had a pull to the right on my 00, took it to sears for the alignment balance and rotation. They told me I had a lowerballjoint that was going bad. Had it aligned anyway. went home looked at the balljoint, no problems. Drove to Lousiana ot loud grinding, and squeeking noise from right front. Pulled into home depot, pulled off tire, rotor moved 3/4 of an inch top to bottom. Walked inside bought tools, walked across the street to O rilies bought parts. Changed wheelbearings in home depot parking lot. Took it back to sears for free alignment, and 25% off of my next tire purchase! Those guys are Idiots, how do you mistaken a bad wheel bearing for a bad balljoint?

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
damn, mine's pulling to the right too....most notably when i brake...guess it's time to visit my dealer to have them fix it. now that i have evidence that i'm not the only one with this problem, they should fix it under warranty. thanks for the heads up.

Thunder_from_me

Established Member
is everyone's pulling to the right all the time or just during braking??? the only time i notice mine pulling to the right while driving is when i'm on a high banked road (for water shedding) other than that when i'm braking and not all the time mine pulls to the right does that sound right or do i have a different problem???

stroh

Established Member
check your grease fittings... some oil change / dealers don't grease one of the fittings... I found that out when I did my own oil change.

2003BlkSVTL

Established Member
Same here...

Yeah, I just got the call from Ford service about my 03 pulling to the right. He didn't go into specifics, but he said they ordered two new tires and had to replace some parts.

Good news is....tires are free of charge

Bad news is .... I'm without my baby for a couple of days.:cryying:

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
As for pull, brand new tires can also make the vehicle pull one way or another!! it's called radial pull!!(Manufac. defect) to see if its radial pull cross front tires and it will pull the other way!!(even directional tires). Most likely on a Lightning if it pulls to the right it's the alignment, everyone i have ever talked to that has a L. pulls right!! My 03 pulled to the right also, but after i dropped it I aligned it. Drives straight now!!

Users who are viewing this thread