04 Ram SRT-10 vs 03 Lightning

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
If Lightnings came with a 6 speed, i think the times would just as far apart if not more. I see most L owners focus on power before working on their 60'. I know, I was one of them :(

C9A1L1L

CALL EM!
Established Member
Like I said on VTOC, that L has a sh*t tune. That's not even asking a question, its a statement of facts.

A L with the mods you mention is a mid 12s capable truck. You shoulda got ripped from a dig and pulled from a roll. Its just what it is. All of the SRT10s I've raced bone stock or simple mods were drivers races. I walked autos and inched an RC. Albeit my truck had been pulled apart with my intercooler cleaned and my plugs changed. Anything is possible if the truck isn't maintained right or tuned horribly.

We have more SRT10s around here than Ls so its always fun to run into the owners. You have to be a special kind of retard to own one. My uncle included who has had 3 different ones since they came out. You beat him and he is still there gloating. They are the Nissan owners of the truck world, nice vehicles but owners are tools and no one thinks their sh*t is half as "badass" as they do but to them they honestly think they are the center of conversation. Good luck having anyone take a Dodge serious at a truck shootout (or any shoot out).... But then he's all buddy buddy when he needed his Viper trailered to the track and his clutch was out on his RC and his Quad was in the shop... It sucks you can't pick family sometimes hahaha I'm a GM kid from a Mopar family with a Ford Lightning and a bunch of other random cars none of them approve of haha.

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Why is is so hard to believe that a precious Lightning went down? You would have thought this was a 03/04 Cobra kill or something haha!

Some (quite a few actually) Lightning owners are like the GTP owners of p/u's. Recall when the 1997 GTP debuted with the s/c 3.8L and the owners acted as if it was Jesus Christ in automobile form.

For a Ford, the Lightning was a nice truck and I recall the first time I drove one. The tales the owner told were quite tall.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Some (quite a few actually) Lightning owners are like the GTP owners of p/u's. Recall when the 1997 GTP debuted with the s/c 3.8L and the owners acted as if it was Jesus Christ in automobile form.

For a Ford, the Lightning was a nice truck and I recall the first time I drove one. The tales the owner told were quite tall.

Well, it is/was the best sport truck ever made.

00SVTStrike

Established Member
Like I said on VTOC, that L has a sh*t tune. That's not even asking a question, its a statement of facts.

A L with the mods you mention is a mid 12s capable truck. You shoulda got ripped from a dig and pulled from a roll. Its just what it is. All of the SRT10s I've raced bone stock or simple mods were drivers races. I walked autos and inched an RC. Albeit my truck had been pulled apart with my intercooler cleaned and my plugs changed. Anything is possible if the truck isn't maintained right or tuned horribly.

We have more SRT10s around here than Ls so its always fun to run into the owners. You have to be a special kind of retard to own one. My uncle included who has had 3 different ones since they came out. You beat him and he is still there gloating. They are the Nissan owners of the truck world, nice vehicles but owners are tools and no one thinks their sh*t is half as "badass" as they do but to them they honestly think they are the center of conversation. Good luck having anyone take a Dodge serious at a truck shootout (or any shoot out).... But then he's all buddy buddy when he needed his Viper trailered to the track and his clutch was out on his RC and his Quad was in the shop... It sucks you can't pick family sometimes hahaha I'm a GM kid from a Mopar family with a Ford Lightning and a bunch of other random cars none of them approve of haha.

Sounds like you got it all figured out huh?........ Well, other than the fact that you don't realize it doesn't really matter what you think should have, could have, or would have happened.... what matters is what did happen... and that's why I posted about it.... its all in fun. Some guys like you sure do take it personal....

Are there Lightnings out there that can and should smoke my truck? You bet! Did this one? Nope! Are there SRT-10s that could smoke your ass? I promise you!

In the end you only make yourself look like a tool with the insults, and make yourself look threatened (read: Hilarious), and unlike you I wont generalize all Lightning owners by your words or actions like you seem to have done with the SRT-10 owners... but what would the internet be without guys like you!?! :kaboom:

Last edited:

C9A1L1L

CALL EM!
Established Member
Sounds like you got it all figured out huh?........ Well, other than the fact that you don't realize it doesn't really matter what you think should have, could have, or would have happened.... what matters is what did happen... and that's why I posted about it.... its all in fun. Some guys like you sure do take it personal....

Are there Lightnings out there that can and should smoke my truck? You bet! Did this one? Nope! Are there SRT-10s that could smoke your ass? I promise you!

In the end you only make yourself look like a tool with the insults, and make yourself look threatened (read: Hilarious), and unlike you I wont generalize all Lightning owners by your words or actions like you seem to have done with the SRT-10 owners... but what would the internet be without guys like you!?! :kaboom:

:bored:

No one said it didn't happen and no one said you're lyin. You beat a truck you shouldn't have. Fact. But a win is a win right? I ran down a C6ZO6 that was sliding all over the place and couldn't get traction the other day, maybe I should join you in braggin about beatin a vehicle that shoulda ripped me a new one in the first place.. :rollseyes

I'm not basing my generalized thoughts about SRT10 owners from you, I'm basing them on being a member of the SRT nats for years, knowing people personally and how embarrassingly immature and pathetic VTCOA d-riders tend to be. Your thread over there proves it. You come here and we have common sense, those idiots over there would make me feel bad to own a Ram, not just an SRT-10:shrug: And that is why it is called a generalization in the first place.. I've met cool ones in the past...

Oh, and what is there to be threatened about? I got bigger fish to fry than SRT10s, we build street driven 4bangers that would roast the fastest of them. :nono: You gotta be kidding about that 6000lb sled.

Try not to be so defensive. Relax a little..

Its Friday. :beer:

its-friday.jpg

Last edited:

SvtRacing

Established Member
it all comes down to the tune. i have a buddy that had at the time a 01 lightning with just a diablo handheld programmer. we raced another buddys srt10 rc on the street and got beat by 1 truck from a dig and 1/2 truck lenght from roll. later that nite we went to the local 1/8th mile track and it was whole different story lightning ran a best of 8.4 to the srt10s 9.1

Users who are viewing this thread