FOR SALE: 04 Redfire Metallic Cobra for sale asking $28,000 obo.

Wills99Cobruh

Established Member
I’m really just looking for the payoff or close to for the car. Payoff is $28k
First the bad: Bought the car from a dealership in Dallas in Oct of 23 and have maybe put 30 miles on it since. To say I was extremely disappointed is an understatement. I had to buy all new tires and replace the battery on day 1. The car also came with a missing coil pack cover on the driver side with both bolts stripped and stuck in the valve cover so you cant even really drive the car without the coils coming off the spark plugs. The car is currently in a shop in San Antonio, TX waiting for the motor to be pulled for a vibration that the mechanic can’t figure out. He thinks its in the block but is unsure. Also, the rear coilovers are toast apparently so there’s also that.

I have paperwork and billing statements from the shop for work thats been done, including the dyno pulls it did. As it sits the motor is still in the car.
Parts I have for the car:
I have a very clean driver side valve cover to replace the one with the stripped coil cover bolts. I also bought 2 new aftermarket coil covers. I have an S.o.S. 2 guage pod and a set of black tail lights. Also a set of SVE NVX wheels and tires if they don’t sell on FB. All come with the car.
I’ve included the dealership photos and description of the car, and photos I took myself.

IMG_1230.png

Attachments

• IMG_1244.png
    IMG_1244.png
    935.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1245.png
    IMG_1245.png
    722.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1246.png
    IMG_1246.png
    750.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1247.png
    IMG_1247.png
    813.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1712.jpeg
    IMG_1712.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2274.jpeg
    IMG_2274.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1092.jpeg
    IMG_1092.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1295.jpeg
    IMG_1295.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1292.jpeg
    IMG_1292.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 163

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Rough luck Bud. You sure you don't want to wait till it comes back from the shop? Just need #7 of the market rules.

Wills99Cobruh

Established Member
Honestly, I don’t have a clue on an asking price bc of the issues with the car, so I’m all ears on what it’s even worth.

Wills99Cobruh

Established Member
First the bad: Bought the car from a dealership in Dallas in Oct of 23 and have maybe put 30 miles on it since. To say I was extremely disappointed is an understatement. I had to buy all new tires and replace the battery on day 1. The car also came with a missing coil pack cover on the driver side with both bolts stripped and stuck in the valve cover so you cant even really drive the car without the coils coming off the spark plugs. The car is currently in a shop in San Antonio, TX waiting for the motor to be pulled for a vibration that the mechanic can’t figure out. He thinks its in the block but is unsure. Also, the rear coilovers are toast apparently so there’s also that.

I have paperwork and billing statements from the shop for work thats been done, including the dyno pulls it did. As it sits the motor is still in the car.
I have a very clean driver side valve cover to replace the one with the stripped coil cover bolts. I also bought 2 new aftermarket coil covers. I have an S.o.S. 2 guage pod and a set of black tail lights. Also a set of SVE NVX wheels and tires if they don’t sell on FB. All come with the car.
I’ve included the dealership photos and description of the car, and photos I took myself.

Honestly, I don’t have a clue on an asking price bc of the issues with the car, so I’m all ears on what it’s even worth.

View attachment 1834723
IMG_1986.jpeg

plumbcrazy

Established Member
Yeah man, this is the kind of story everyone hates hearing.
She looks great though…
If @FleeMan aka SVTP Truthteller isn’t trashing you yet, there’s proof right their that your Cobra brothers feel for you..
Ummm… I’m just a guy who’s shooting from the hip ( since you put it out there) but I think it’s more like $20k the way it is if you find someone who can do the work themselves. Unfortunately, I think the market has pulled back more than just a little bit on these things for the moment. I think the best advice came from Flee Man’s dad ( @03cobra#694) and wait to see what the diagnosis is from the shop before you make any big moves to sell it. Maybe you’ll get lucky and it won’t be anything too deep.
Anyway, best of luck on the sale OP. There’s an ass for every seat.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
I feel for him. @plumbcrazy . You can tell from the ad he isn’t trying to hide anything and is just over it. But yes I do agree, his price is way too high for a car with those issues. Hope he resolves everything and keeps the lose to a minimum.

plumbcrazy

Established Member
I feel for him. @plumbcrazy . You can tell from the ad he isn’t trying to hide anything and is just over it. But yes I do agree, his price is way too high for a car with those issues. Hope he resolves everything and keeps the lose to a minimum.
Yeah, I agree. I’m busting your balls cause I know how you play. I enjoy every minute of it by the way.
I would be losing my mind if I were this guy. It’s a shame.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Asking price is difficult because if someone was a ways away and had to travel to get it, unfortunately, an asking price plus shipping/traveling would turn some folks away.

I am just shooting fish in a barrell,
the vibration, was the clutch and flywheel considered and looked at as possible culprit? So many things it could be

Love me some Redfire though

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That would be losses son. Thought you had better schooling than that.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Listen, when you’re right, you’re right. I’m looking forward to the day when I retire in Naples or just outside of Ft.Myers.
Might want to look north a little. Crazy down there. I want this, around the corner from the your grandparents and my parents old house from forever ago. Love it up there. A tad heavy price wise and insurance would be insane I'm sure based on the age and location. Boat lift might be a little small too.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Might want to look north a little. Crazy down there. I want this, around the corner from the your grandparents and my parents old house from forever ago. Love it up there. A tad heavy price wise and insurance would be insane I'm sure based on the age and location. Boat lift might be a little small too.
I was just in that area a couple weeks ago with the family. Headed up to Clearwater to eat at Frenchy’s and drove south to Anna Maria for the day. Beautiful area.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I was just in that area a couple weeks ago with the family. Headed up to Clearwater to eat at Frenchy’s and drove south to Anna Maria for the day. Beautiful area.
I know, so nice, but has changed. That was 50 years ago, and would move there in a heartbeat if I didn't work. Dad ran the Madeira Bch marina for years. No problem getting on a 45' sportfish for a overnight trip out 130 miles.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sorry to hear about this.

Anyone who has been excited to buy a car only to find out it's a piece, knows how terrible it feels. You just want to get rid of it as quickly as you can and move on. It's happened to me way too many times.

But, I agree with the others, see what the shop says, hopefully it's something minor and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread